1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Totally Transformed The Handling, Comfort And Rideability.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Sam1199, Mar 22, 2021.

1. It’s not difficult, in fact it’s very simple. Read the posts again, which bit don’t you understand?

Take it step by step.

2. The front is really easy. The rear, ie the electronics set up, is more tricky only because the amount of options available

3. Ok, let me have a go...I bought the bike second hand so will return the setting back to factory and start again.

4. I’m going to give this a bash, see it’ll it’s similar set up for the ‘13 skyhook model? I found mine was wound in about 8 turns so wound it out to the stop and then back in 5 turns (76kg + gear - back out a bit), guess the stock setting on the older was different or the previous owner was a lot heavier than me?

I had my Brutale 800 set up professionally (none of that electronic wizardry) and it highlighted 2 things:
    1. How awful and scary the stock settings were.
    2. How poor the stock front suspension is as far as adjustment goes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wasn’t my old bike was it lol

6. Might be if you chopped it in for a Honda :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I’m not sure there is enough turns on the tread for 1 turn per 15kg of me :joy::joy::joy:

#47 BabyD, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  8. Should be unless you’re over 170kg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. All of the above lead me to believe that front preload on these Multis is 'normal' - i.e. completely manual. This being so, why are you all relying on turns in/out per kg, etc rather than setting up the static sag?

10. Questions.......questions, when you wind it back (anti clockwise) is it to the physical stop or is the last triangle to triangle classed as the end (start) ???

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. Physical stop

• Like Like x 1
  12. It’s just an easy, one person thing to do that is in the ball park for most riders rather than getting the tape out and having to worry about the impact the electronics have on preload

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Not sure if this is worth it to anyone, but after setting the front manually, this is what I've settled on in terms of rear preload for a 1260 S GT, I've yet to test these settings, but the graph certainly helped make it clearer and a few of my settings were way off.

upload_2021-4-17_0-18-51.png

Note, I'm 14.5 stone (2 stone over what I should be mind you...) at 6'2" tall.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I'm a bit confused, I didn't think there was a manual intervention to set pre load on the rear shock for a 1260 ?

15. There is no manual adjustment for the 1260 S versions (Skyhook systems). Rear preload is via the dash in the suspension settings.

16. Just to add, I'm 6 turns in front preload, 16' 1200 Enduro Skyhook, 95kg rider, vastly better than the half turn it came with (second hand).

• Like Like x 1
  17. Does anyone have the 1260 sag measurements? Both with and without rider? And even better, with pillion?

18. I'm interested in this too. Is there somewhere we can see the settings for rider weights on the 1260, as the manual just has generic instructions?

19. If you’re getting the tape out, just use regular ones as a starter. 1/3rd of full travel for rider sag.

But...skyhook is a whole world of technology....

20. I couldn't see anything in the manual regarding weight, so turned it one full turn per 15kg of rider weight. Hopefully it's the same for the 1260 and 1200?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information