1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Touratech Seats Direct

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Shoboshi, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Seat received, knobs fiddled with, seat fitted.

Now waiting for the weather to remember it's July to give the new perch a test run.

Thanks for the heads up on this !

• Like Like x 3
  2. 140 miles on the new seat today, seemed really comfortable, didn’t slide me forward either, slightly higher also, which stretched my legs, Very Happy.

• Like Like x 4
  3. 190 miles today but importantly 8-9 hours on the seat. Definitely an improvement. More supportive, less forward throw too. My Niagara falls were much happier.!
    All in all very pleased.

• Like Like x 5
  4. It's still a reasonably firm seat but sooo much better than the std one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mine arrived today , really speedy as wasn’t expecting it until Wednesday. Not been out on it yet, but it is slightly higher than the original seat.

6. :rolleyes: Well I've certainly put the new Touratech 'comfort' seat to the test today, Circa 350 miles all-in from 8.30am to 7pm. About three stops en-route, with three biking buddies, into Wales, Hereford and then for me, back to Wiltshire.
    Although I acknowledge that for some, this seat change/variation has been a great choice, I have to advise that for me, it didn't make any meaningful difference from the standard seat at all. My backside still ached about 2 hours in and didn't improve at all throughout the trip.
    :eek: I was sooooooo glad to get off the bike after around 2 1/2 hours on the return leg, which equated to circa 125 miles without stopping.
    Maybe my arse needs to adjust to it, so I'm going to persevere, however, NOT that impressed so far. :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. 300 miles today and quite impressed with mine. Slightly higher than the standard seat but I definitely noticed the difference. Its a keeper, shame isn't say the same about the fuel sender that went today. :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Interesting you say that. I had a response from them to my email about a seat for the 2012 Multistrada and they were up front and said that their seat might not be what I need as I have had my coccyx surgically removed. Andy

9. Just ordered one through eBay, great price, thanks for the info all.

10. Me too! Ta!

11. Sorry to hear that Tony, stick with it and see though. I was supprised to find it just as firm as the original seat, however, it seemed to support my derrière better with no smarting after extended use and the material stopped the slip and slide action. For me at least it's an improvement.

Not a soft, arse cosseting, magic carpet feeling you might expect given the 'comfort' in the title but effective in extending time in the saddle.

Tried an AirHawk many years ago and found it very much detached me from the bike in terms of sensation/feeling. Thankfully borrowed (@Mac of this forum but before either of us had Ducatis) so it went in the pannier for the rest of the trip, should have tried it before leaving... And yes, I did try it with various levels of inflation.

12. Mine arrived, will be testing it out tomorrow on a run up to Hawes, buttertubs and tan hill, 250 round trip.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Quick 100 miles on mine this morning ,big improvement,just need some platform alpinestars now

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Mine was an absolute godsend, 240 miles with just a hint of numb bum/gooch ache, instead of the previous pain and bleeding Bernard Miles!
    How can Ducati get it so wrong with the seats, a premium company that builds down to a price, even their own comfort seat is not a patch on the touratech!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Had my first try with it on Sunday, 4 hours in the seat and it was way better than the stock which I get uncomfortable after an hour. The broader flatter seat really helps , my only proviso is that being flatter and slightly wider and higher means I am no longer flat footed when in urban mode, I think if it was just shaved down slightly at the edges were my legs would dangle to reach the floor it would be brilliant as that would probably flatten my foot again.

16. What's quite interesting is that Kahedo (supplier to Touratech and Wunderlich among others) closed their business... so who is making Touratech seats now?

17. I dont know chief, but whoever/whomever is, my genitalia and posterior thank them muchly! :heart::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

18. Having seen how many seem to have been sold, I really wish to f@ck it was me.!

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information