1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touring Kit For 2017 Diavel

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Paul Varney, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Hi guys. I’ve booked myself a trip to the Dolomites on the diavel and am looking for touring kit options. I need a screen, panniers and sat nav. Any suggestions?

2. I will watch this thread as I may do some touring on my Diavel. There are panniers and a tank bag on eBay unused that may be of interest.

3. I didn’t see anything on eBay .

I’m tempted by the SHAD panniers (33lt) and either the genuine Ducati touring screen (even though reviews says it’s noisy) or the Puig adjustable smaller screen. Not bothered about a tank bag, but may got for a Givi waterproof bag for the back seat if I need more space.

4. I got a Garmin 390lm I can sell?

5. I am sure I still have a Puig adjustable screen from my Diavel days, if you're interested let me know and I'll see if I can dig it out.

Stuart

6. Definitely. I’ve got a 2017 if it will fit?

7. How much? How many hours does the battery last? Free map updates?

8. The screen I have is for a Mk 1 unfortunately, not sure it would fit yours

Stuart

9. Ok. Thanks anyway .

Btw. Was it any good? They look a bit better than the genuine touring screen. Especially in black! Interested in the performance though as it’s for a trip to italy

10. It kept the wind blast off better than the DP one, but didnt eliminate it totally like say a BMW GS screen can. However as I preferred the look of the DP thats what I went with. If I was doing long distances or touring I think I’d be looking at something with a bit better protection than the DP one though, but for sunday blasts which was my type of use the DP one was fine. If you are local you’re more than welcome to try it and see if it does actually fit, as it may do, but I cant say 100% if you know what I mean.

Stuart

11. Hi Paul. £175 delivered sound ok ?? battery is 7-8 hours, but I had it wired to the Ducati aux plug so never tested the battery duration as such. And yes, it has free lifetime map (LM) updates. cheers
    wayne

12. My last 2 bikes have been GS's so I know im not going to get that type of protection. Im looking for something to stop my neck snapping at higher speeds just for this trip. Its 2000 miles so I want something that will work well. once the trip is over, it will be gone and back to the original. Im looking at the PUIG adjustable touring screen for about £130

13. Hi wayne, just looking at one on ebay for £100, boxed, with brackets and wiring harnesses. I would be interested at that price but would need you to just test the battery for me. would the wiring you have plug straight into the plug under my seat? Ducati fitting on the end.

14. Like i say, you’re more than welcome to come and try it, its not going anywhere. It is the Puig adjustable touring one i have from memory, in a smoke grey i think

Stuart

15. Hi Paul, the one on ebay at 100 quid is faulty though ?? And sadly no, I let it go with the bike, but you can get the Ducati white plug lead for pennies, or as it's only 2 wires, connect yourself using alternate connectors. The battery is fine Paul, its been off the bike for a month now in standby, and its not dead yet.

16. thanks. where are you? im in Derby

17. Ah, didn't spot that. so does it have any power cables with it then? I take it has brackets etc? boxed? instructions?

18. I’m in warrington

Stuart

19. EDIT, just looked now, the battery is still full.

20. IMAG0452.jpg IMAG0451.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information