1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Touring On A 1299 Panigale?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Dazzx10r, May 21, 2017.

1. I'm going touring on the Panigale at the end of June with a few freinds. We are traveling down to Portsmouth then ferry to Bilbao then a blast around Spain taking in Pamplona, Zarragoza and Salou. In preperation for the trip I have just put the finishing touches to my bike rack and storage box ( for my waterproofs). I have test fitted it to the bike and am really happy with the results. Sorry I'm not too good at posting pictures on forums, so heres the link to my Flikr https://www.flickr.com/photos/28346569@N08/albums/72157682142488930

2. Would be easier to use the kriega US range of luggage

3. Nice skills.

4. It would yes, but this has only cost me £8 to make, and £20 to powder coat.
    ;)

5. Have you booked your support team yet?

Would be worth speaking to shell or bp (other brands are available) in advance to make sure they've got a fuel tanker available to follow you everywhere..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Love it - good job!

7. Ive toured on both my 916 and my 1198 and Kreiga make the job easier. Im off to the French Alps on the 14th for a week based in a place called Chinnaillon where matey has a chalet. Heat will be your foe. I use a Leatt CoolIt vest. Works a treat, keeps core temp down and thus exhaustion at bay. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/leatt-coolit-evaporative-cooling-tee I keep it in a waterproof map pack pre-soaked ready for the >30°C ride outs.

8. I'm taking a Tuono factory this year and I'm worried about the fill ups the 1299 is much better.

9. I did the same trip last year on a 2010 big bang R1, that was a little thirsty ant the side of my 2 mates RC8R's. There are some epic roads out there and very grippy tarmac. I went on a brand new pair of Dunlop Sportsmart 2's last year and the rear was about shot when we got home. That's almost 2k miles. :)

10. Looking forward to a trip photo sharing thread.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Will be doing something similar in July around 3000 miles in 10 days. but will be using Kriega.

Will be looking for fuel every 80/100 miles, manage a spirited 115 miles with refill of 16 liters

Just a question what mileage to expect from the Pirelli Corsa Diablo ?

12. On tour at the moment. One of the bikes is a Tuono 1100. Got 130 miles in between stops and his fuel light wasn't even on! Big country, few towns equals great fuel economy.

13. I'm glad to hear this,I have not taken it on a long run yet. Been out on a couple of Sunday blasts for about 180 miles with plenty stopping. But at 100miles the light is on and i'm putting in at least 17ltrs, i did push 110miles and it took 18ltrs it's a thirsty beast.

14. Get to understand your potential mileage on reserve. I eeked out 24m from light on on my 1198 once. This info is reassuring and prevents panic.
    Always synchronise with the person with smallest tank. In my case thats usually me. I suspect my new 1299 will be the same. When i refuel, we all refuel.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information