1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touring Scotland

Discussion in 'Touring' started by flatairbag, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Is that the route we did?

2. yip. we got as far as tarbert lochfyne then back up to oban. good route init? :smileys:

3. Excellent route :upyeah:

4. Excellent summary, particularly the bit about Inverness to Bettyhill via JoG, it is worth doing, but only once. The far north west is simply stunning.

5. Just revisited this old thread... I never did make a trip of it... but do have plans for this year.
    Some great advice given, thanks to all.

I like the idea of doing it anti-clockwise, lapping up the scenery as it goes.
    If I did drop back down through Oban > Campbeltown.. where to get the ferry back to (Androssan or lower?) and from there which route is superior back to the M6 (A76 or A75?)

Thanks

6. from oban continue down to kintyre, through lochgilphead, tarbert, then on down towards campbelltown for about 10mils take a left towards skipness, theres a regular ferry for the short crossing to Arran, half way round you come to Brodic, regular ferry to adrosson, head South for good links to Motorways. it an excellent rout btw.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Thanks mate. Heres my rough route...
    Anticlockwise and back down via your suggested arran route

screenshot_265.png

#27 flatairbag, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. if you've got the time, either take the coast road down to ballentrae (through Ayr and via the Electric Brae, Culzean Castle etc) and then east and pick the M6 up at Gretna or ride through Ayrshire through New Cumnock, Dalmelington, along Loch Ken and then to Gretna

9. Don't miss this bit. It's got some of the most amazing views on all of Scotland. Much better than the main road.
    Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 15.56.19.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Cheers Derek.
    Was gonna take that in actually... google maps fooking me right off... gotta work out how to use it!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information