1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Touring Seat Vs Standard?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Lel Howard, Apr 23, 2017.

1. My seat is not ribbed. I'm assuming the reason why some are and some are not is some are Touring maybe?

How do I know if mine is touring or standard?

I've noticed the rib ones seem to look more supportive towards back of lower seat so is that touring?

Pic of mine attached to help :)

IMG_2006.PNG

2. Standard that pal by the looks of things.

3. So is this touring?

IMG_2033.JPG

4. Not necessarily. The gen 2 seats all have the ribbed look, even the standard seat although I believe they are all interchangeable.

5. Thanks.

Looks like I'll be watching eBay for a touring seat then ;)

6. How can I be sure I'm buying a touring seat? To my uneducated eye it looks so similar to normal.

Is something printed on underside maybe?

Ducati Diavel Touring Seat | eBay

7. My understanding is the seat was redesigned for the gen 2 as the gen 1 seat received a lot of complaints. There was a different seat on the Strada which it seems the gen 2 seat is the same or at least very similar. You may be ok with a gen 2 standard seat, it may be worth getting a sit on a current model bike if you can.

• Like Like x 1
  8. My worry would be buying one being told it's a touring seat but it's not as it seems hard to tell with that one above on eBay looking just like my standard one.

9. Depth of padding is the only difference I believe. The seat was reshaped for the gen 2 bike.

10. Go and talk to a Ducati dealer, pick their brains on the different seats, how to tell the difference, will a gen II seat fit a gen 1 bike etc.

Then go and look for a deal on ebay, or from a dealer etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I've got a Gen 1 with both stock and touring seat, I only use the touring seat. The picture in your first post looks like a touring seat to me, but a side on shot would comfirm. I think the only difference is the depth of padding which changes the profile of the seat from the tank. The stock seat falls away, it makes you 'sit in' the bike, the touring seat has a shallow profile so you tend to sit up 'on the bike', if you know what I mean.

The receipt for my touring seat has the stock number 96700310B, was £134 in 2011

12. Not that expensive then.

Here is a better view and based on your description I'm thinking maybe mine is touring after all, especially as the previous owner bought panniers, back rest and shield etc. So makes sense they may have done seat as well?....

IMG_2035.PNG

13. yep, that is a touring seat

• Like Like x 1
  14. I was assuming the upgrades were after purchase.

15. My bike already had the touring seat fitted when I bought it. I have ridden a Diavel with the (lower) standard seat & I prefer the touring seat.

16. I may not have bought the cheapest bike but with so many upgrades I think it's a very good price :)

17. your bike looks well decorated with after market bling already

18. Wasn't bothered about panniers or handguards.

Screen, I wouldn't have bought but is handy.

I wouldn't have paid £1,000 for a rear shock but happy previous owner did ;)

Touring seat and seat back I was going to buy for when wife on.

Wanted a better exhaust and this also comes with the Remus.

So overall I don't think it could be better suited for me.... unless it was a few grand cheaper ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information