1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touring - Textiles Vs Leathers

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Jimmy899, Apr 23, 2018.

1. 538FB30D-F1F3-4A2F-9275-A39CA1DECE89.png

2. Agree with Jimmy that leather almost certainly gives better protection than textiles: cows don't wear Gortex, so go figure (as @Loz might well have said before he was rehabilitated into the civilised world).
    But France is safer because its population density is half that of the UK. There are simply fewer people on the road and while admittedly most of those are gesticulating drunkards in charge of motorised tea trolleys which make erratic progress and puttering noises and the roads are strewn with goats and discarded baguettes, the lunatics you do encounter will be fewer in number, slower moving and will usually crash harmlessly of their own volition long before you get to them and that's the crucial difference. Vive le France.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. It might feel safer in France due to their being less traffic and more space but statistically you’re much more likely to be killed on the roads. Don’t get me wrong though, I would happily swap their roads for mine.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information