1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Bikes And Mileage

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Cream_Revenge, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Hey

Currently looking for a track bike, or bike to track. Looking at ready converted bikes but also crash damaged and whatever else eBay is throwing up.

Question is, is millage much of a concern? I'm thinking if i bought a Blade with 40,000 mls but has been a road bike all it's life, should it be OK on track? Or will the engine just not take it with so many miles. I'd only by Jap IL4 with high mileage.

Cheers

2. i think if they have been looked after mate they should be ok, my gsxr is coming up to 30k and i only use it on track now been great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. My mate is selling a high mileage 2008 R1 cheap and would make a good track bike

4. Low miles makes no difference when it’s lying in the kitty litter ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. My version of "cheap" and everyone else's on this forum varies wildly.

PM me the details please mate.

#6 Cream_Revenge, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. You've edited your post now I think but I was going to reply with: 'You should meet my ex-wife, ideally ten minutes before I ever met her!'

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thought i'd better be nice, Santa watching :eyes::innocent:

8. @Cream_Revenge Get ya hand in ya pocket get something decent you tight arse!! :p

9. Wife wants new tits, I've a drive about to be be built and my 999 is in a bazillion bits at Moto Rapido. I'm proper broke.

10. Stop looking at bikes then!! Tits are far more important!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Can probably get a motor for not a huge amount anyway, so as and when she blows it’s not the end of the world

There’s a few decent trick blades for sale at the moment as well.. one I saw was dirt cheap for what it was

12. My current track bike has 22k miles on a 600 and has never been close to having mechanical issues. My rsv mille before that had 40k a lot of them track miles and engine was bomb proof.
    I wouldn't worry about miles on the clock. Go by condition and maintenance it's had.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information