1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Track Day Fairing Wrapping Or Painting?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Phill748, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Hey all, so I’ve ordered the Ducati track fairing kit for my V2 and it comes in I assume clear coat white, as they are basically OEM panels without paint, rather than fibreglass. Can anyone recommend a good way to liven them up. Rattle can option or vinyl wrap? Any recommendations on where to buy from. I like the idea of doing them silver, seen some nice pics of V4 in silver

2. There used to be a vehicle paint shop behind Banjo Cycles on Hambridge Road who did several track fairings for me. If you picked a colour that he was currently spraying a car, he’d do a discount. I should be over that way so will check if he is still there. Andy

3. You can get them painted usually to a half decent standard for similar money as wrapping.

wrapping is a bastard if it’s intricate and really wants lacquer over it

4. Yeah I got a quote from someone at £420 which is a bit steep for track fairings, if I could get a basic single colour spray done for a few hundred it would be a better option i think

5. I just bought a few rattle cans for mine today. Will do them in the spring when it warms up probably.

6. I was in this dilemma. I spent a fortune on FullSix body kit. Then I couldn’t decide what paint job. In the interim I’ve gone vinyl wrap as it’s a lot easier to change your mind with a wrap. Just peel it all off and start again :):upyeah:

7. I had my fairings repaired and painted gloss black then Wrapped over the top. The wrap will protect the paint and if I want to change the look I can just peel off and re wrap

8. can you recommend a good place to buy it? I assume install wise it’s a case of a heat gun and patience?

9. @evoboy did mine. Great job :upyeah:

I wouldn’t take it yourself unless you’re pretty handy with experience in it. I’d have made a right arse of it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I've paid anywhere between £250 and £350 for a really good spray job - fyi

11. Thats Andy at Berkshire Body Shop, he’s a
    good lad and does a good job.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I would really like something like this, but it's £420 which I could probably justify if I was turning the bike into a full track bike but not sure I can. It's beautiful though.

Vinyl.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. If that costs £420, bite their bloody arm off. My single colour, cash in hand job on my V4 by a very well known body shop cost £600. Andy

14. Looks like Levi's place (sublime?)

15. That looks ace!

16. Yeah, it's Sublime. The only issue is that I don't want the tank done as for the road I would use my standard fairings, I'm still tempted though it looks so good, failing that it might be a case of spraying them with rattle cans for now, and then doing the wrap next year. I've seen quite a few pictures of V4's in Silver and they do look really good.

17. Anybody had fairings hydro dipped?

18. Can you post up a link mate. That Duke looks the mutts nuts and I might splash out o_O

19. It’s Sublime Designs mate, they are active on Facebook and got to me really quick.

20. Cheers Phil. I will get one of the kids to check. I don’t do Facebook.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information