1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Track Seat Recommendations

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Air Duck, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Please give some input if you've tried different Panigale seats TIA! :upyeah:

2. No experience on the Pani, but if you want something with better grip or a different shape maybe a recover of the oem item could help.

These guys did a decent job of my ZX10R seat.

http://www.caulfieldleather.co.uk

• Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. For use on a track you only want it to be grippy in a forwards/backwards direction. You need to be able to move side to side easily so you don’t want it gripping that way.

Comfort shouldn’t matter if it’s to be used only on tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. There are a few options that I know of.

As above the race seat, sits you higher and more forward (in theory) on the bike and covered in alcantara for more grip, downside is the shape of the tank and being higher could mean under heavy braking you potentially slide up the tank.

Get an "R" seat or one from a 1299 (they're the same I believe), same as stock but covered in grippier material to keep you planted, that's what I chose on my 1199 (now on a 1299).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. The Tricolore I recently picked up has the DP Race seat on it... So far I'm very impressed with it, its both very comfortable and grippy.

I was expecting to want to change it for a comfort seat but I don't think that will come to fruition :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I dont think the race sits you more forward than the stock one. The race seat is higher at the front, I guess the idea being to stop you smashing the crown jewels, so if anything you are further back which is generally better on the Panigale anyhow. The R seat is definitely very similar if not the same as the race seat. I use a tank extender to move the position back which has a race seat as part of the package. It's not really necessary on the street but I'd highly recommend it on track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. This is my F05 seat, it's designed so that your legs don't catch when transitioning but otherwise grips you well. It does grip you when you're hanging off the side - which is bl**dy handy when you get an OH SH*T moment whilst hanging off:

F05 seat.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  8. That looks a tasty posh bit of seatage :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information