1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Track Timers

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by asif_15, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Good info thanks - I will inquire some more about set ups and revert

2. Appreciate the link...

3. So did I - seems you have to then spend £300 on one of these https://store-uk.vboxmotorsport.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=120 if you want better accuracy than the 10Hz devices, and that product is only 20Hz so will be accurate to around 5m only. 5m might be good enough but it's costing over £300 with that Harry's software.

Can you not just plug one of these into your bike's current lap timer functionality (if it's 'just' DDA) to improve its accuracy? : PZRacing | DesmoTronic DE400 it costs about £150 and should be accurate down to approx 1 metre.

Might require a different plug?

4. I have the full DDA system : I don't use it so happy to sell but i'd have to get my dealer to take it off again at the next service which is just coming up

• Like Like x 1
  5. You were nearly in the right place. This is probably what you are after.... PZRacing | LapTonic LP400

6. For £300 you may as well buy the proper thing like Andy's

7. I use the DUAL GPS. For racing, it's accurate. The times I get line up with the official lap timing from TSL timing as used by BSB. I picked my DUAL up for about £70 second hand

8. Haha yeah thanks! I was looking at one that fits mine! :upyeah:

I think he uses the AIM SOLO DL and they're around 500 quid iirc, quite a bit more than the 150 for these 50Hz units. Choices choices aaarrggghh!!! :Bawling:

9. Any one Wrote VBox? Expensive but very accurate and professional, motion detected too logs all data to look at later, as well as some apps, most of all records from standing start and detects movement. no need to touch buttons

10. Or go with Starlane, ok its 10hz but unless you are measuring 10ths does it matter that much? A second quicker than last time is still a second quicker :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The QSTARZ does that too, essentially always on and will last a few days IIRC. I have an old one, pre BT, and the software allows you to map out and analyse the data. TBH it just tells you how poor a rider and slow you are IME :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. If Bradders was referring to me and the picture I posted of the Starlane in his post, I don't use anything. As a dedicated "mid inter", counting 1 1000, 2 1000 is as accurate as I'm going to need :Bag:. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. thought it was a startlane ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sorry - getting my Andys mixed up!

15. Thing is I've already got 10Hz built into my Garmin Virb XE camera and whilst it's OK for overall lap times it's fairly useless for trying to compare corner speeds etc, which is primarily what I want to look at (and improve!). Ahh I'm just bangin one out now just thinking of 50hz...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Except, because the proper thing uses the (forget the name of it) port, you have to keep disconnecting/reconnecting it do you don't drain your battery. The PZ racing thing can just be left in place all the time. Personally I'm only interested in lap times and not all the extras the Ducati item gives, so I'd rather go £160 on the aftermarket thing which is less hassle to use and save the price of an extra trackday. Depends what you want to achieve really.... for me it would just be automatic finish line for laptimes on screen and £300-400 is pricey just for that.

17. how do you find the Verb btw...still looking for a good camera and keep looking at these because of the overlaying and lap time elements

edit: also you won't get told off for timing on trackday with a cam ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information