1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trackday Van?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by JoePeps, Nov 22, 2020.

1. I personally wouldn't touch a vw van

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Caddy?

3. Yeh it did, especially when you start putting all the extras in it. Just checked, its only £3K cheaper than a basic M3. Still a hell of a lot more practical than a M3.
    www.customvanz.com

4. What a terrible website!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MY EYES!!!

6. 10k's a pretty dam decent budget. I'm sure you could find something more suitable. I run a 119CDI Vito and average about 8k miles a year. There's loads to choose from.... :upyeah:

7. With 10k you can probably get a nearly new transit sport. They are quite nice, not too boxy but don’t lose all that space a curved roof does tats useful when having 2 bikes

8. if yer interested.
    VW group, nice to drive, expensive to run that isnt reflected in their premium price. most of my work is centered around keeping them on the road.
    i dislike working on Merc vans. maybe more because i dont do much with them. maybe a good thing?
    i'm a ducato, relay, expert kinda guy. v,easy to maintain.
    the long wheel scudo is a great van. but maybe just a tad to wee for two?

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Problem is with the 'older' transit customs is they drink fuel like it's going out of fashion compared to other most other vans. The turbo lags pretty crap and the ride unloaded is like being on a space hopper.

But they are good vans besides that tbf - especially the newer ones you speak of

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I own a 2016 8 seater Tourneo Custom and is pain in the ass to change/load because of the lower roof (bought this also for family holidays + dogs) ..., if parking space allows, I would certainly buy one of the bigger brothers.
    Plenty of options... Transit, Relay, Ducato, I would buy these over Sprinter or Crafter.
    Since you'll be mostly using it on motorways , maybe worth to get a Euro 6?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/van-de...cation=at_vans&supplied-price-to=10000&page=1

11. They all seem very basic to be honest, especially a transit. I’d rather go a bit older and have aircon I think.

Looks ok but I’m trying to get to £10k total inc vat if necessary. That quickly becomes £12k...

12. I know I’m biased. But there’s a good reason why so many get Transporters.

as said I know plenty of people who have companies that run them and maintain them and when I was looking it was 9/10 people saying get a transporter and don’t bother with anything else.

I did try other brands and didn’t get on too well with them.

they aren’t cheap mind

13. Mind me asking how much yours was mate?
    I’ve worked hard to pay off a few things and get some money in the bank, don’t really want to get up to my eyes in debt again if I can help it!

Especially because it’ll only do a few k a year. If I had a work use for a van then I’d have an ABT Transporter for £40k+vat but that’s just silly for a few trackdays!

14. 812D32FD-F61A-49F7-AAA2-4553C89DD73F.jpeg

Plus 1 for thé Transporter. Here’s my trackday hack;two bikes and all the gear easily. One of the major advantages is the aftermarket industry surrounding the T5/6. The sky really is the limit! 51B881F6-FF25-41BB-8760-0EBB9B5098E7.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. ...manual gearbox.......luddite!:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1

16. They’re easily 40k mate the abt ones.

I specced one which was in the 60’s!!

Mine was 32 with extras. There’s some decent ish lease deals around if you shop about

17. Only option with 4 motion and the most powerful engine. If not I would have chosen DSG!

• Like Like x 1
  18. can i just add, i've slagged off German build quality for as long as i can remember. more so because i believe the cost doesn't match the reliability and running costs. yet i did go out and get a Tiguan a couple of years back as an emergency buy as wee needed another 4x4 pronto and i will be trading it in for a 4x4 transporter when the time is right. not the 5 cylinder as much as i like a 5 cylinder engine.

19. In an ideal world I wanted the dsg biturbo.

They’re a lot of wedge though !

20. Yeah big money!
    Was that inc vat? Not sure I want to get into leasing to be honest.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information