1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trackday Van?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by JoePeps, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Always had transporters as my works van, no major costs above servicing over a 12 year period, yes outlay is premium but residuals are the best also, my last van got stolen and that put me off buying another one and purchased a new lwb transit custom, does everything well but its no where near as good as a transporter.

• Agree Agree x 1

2. How did they pinch it if you don’t mind me asking?

I was told the Fords are extremely easy to nick without the key. Winds me up in 2020 as none of this stuff is exactly cheap and to be able to start a vehicle and drive off with a £20 ebay diagnostics tool is unreal

3. Broke in and stole the keys along no with the ones to the car iirc

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. that’s how my golf r got nicked a few years ago.

5. Yep stole the keys for the van and a golf gti, the van was cherry red , but of a theme going on here, sadly I don’t own a gsxr :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1

6. It’s a shit thing to go through mate.

i am forever rendered speechless by how little the police give a shit.

turned the house in to a fortress after that

7. Same here, my track bike keys were in the glovebox of the van, Ducati stamped on the key, garage now secured with 8 locks, all 4 corners and centres, only problem is it’s a right pita to get the bikes out.Back on topic, any van you choose I would say the most useful thing is a heated screen, diesels seem to take forever to clear there screens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I keep looking at vans too - what would be the smallest van you could get one track bike in without it being overly tight lengthwise? LWB Caddy? LWB Scudo? LWB Citroen Dispatch? LWB Transit Connect? Anyone confirm these are ok?

9. Lwb caddy or something would suffice. It’s easier without the bulkhead !

it’s not the easiest thing to load though. Ceiling height is a problem for me... but you might be alright....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 21575995-7958-4770-A4B9-4AB361DFFDE2.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. F770FF0D-2230-427C-8B59-5B2235B7A7B6.jpeg

This is my van, it takes a large road bike, two trials bikes or four ebikes. If you do look for Caddy’s you want the
    Caddy Maxi Life. It has an extra 40cm. This is what they call a WAV. This particular adaption also has a lowered floor and a hydraulic ramp which can be deployed remotely. And a winch, but I haven’t used that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. I love a good van.... here’s my household star :D
    I do prefer the look of the Transporters but I got a good deal on this.
    D717B8D9-768D-4DDE-A29B-00DE8564D787.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  13. I use a LWD Connect, can fit a track bike in easy, even had a multi in it but had to remove mirrors and screen

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Do you have to put the front wheel “through” the bulkhead onto the passenger seat with either bike?

15. Yes, very slightly. That's the only pain, as a result I lose the option to take a passenger, otherwise it's a great Van.

#55 duc996bp, Dec 4, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Well 12k seems peanuts compared to the 30-40k Transporters some have recommended :)
    My point was get a tall one, much easier to load and can hung the clothes on the sides (basically one size up from Transporter/Turneo Custom, Vito)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Another thing of note. I went from a SWB to a LWB with the Vito. I think it’s only about 8” longer but fuck me, you can’t half get more stuff in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. I am looking at the Mercedes Vito since they do a 3 litre V6 diesel with auto gearbox. There is even an AMG version

the last van I had was a 2013 Renault Master LWB and it was excellent

• Like Like x 1
  19. I had one of those. With the 3.0l turbo from the C class. I chipped it to ~250hp. I loved it. Torque-tastic! Bit of a thirsty bugger though.... I’ve now got the 119cdi 190hp, love it too but gutless compared to the beast that came before.

20. 250BHP- That must have been epic. 190bhp is very respectable and much more than the usual 120bhp vans have. I would be very happy with that too.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information