1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trackdays Trailer Build

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Northan Monkey, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Is the dwarf helping you build the trailer then?

Nasher

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. "swarf"
    Fooking predictive txt!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Oakenshield the trailer worrier!

4. Trailers are cool, it's a Man thing, and building them is even better.

5. I like the idea of a dwarf in the garage.

6. Male or female??

7. Ooooo,choices,choices.

8. To toss...?

9. Be careful, you know what it's like, it all starts with a dwarf in the garage and before you know it you have a daughter and a granddaughter in the cellar!

Nasher.

10. [​IMG]

11. [​IMG]

12. How the Fu€k did we get to this from a trailer build.
    A psychiatrist would have a field day with you lot!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ahem - I think you started it, that makes you the ring leader. - Que some more Dwarfs in clown outfits.

14. Quick update.
    First dry build and so far so good! All my prefabricated material fit beautifully. Still need to drill off a few holes and fabricate the spare wheel carrier.
    Then off to my mates workshop for a date with the Big Mig. IMG_2129.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Does something like this need to be tested to keep your insurance valid. Only asking because im assuming factory built trailers come with some sort of SWL cert.

16. Yep you should get them tested
    However. It's pretty easy to claim it's a refurbished trailer if you rivet an old plate on it. But I'll probably go safe and have it tested.

17. IMG_2166.JPG Update!
    After a very busy 5 hours and a lot of tacking & welding. It's all glued together! And so far so good. Only one small mistake made when I was having to get a shift on. I welded a floor bracket to the draw bar facing the wrong way round. It's not a problem more of an irritation.
    Buy once the floors on you shouldn't notice it.
    Next up Galvanising!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Looking good mate :upyeah:

• Crap Crap x 1
  19. Looking good, for those who in need of a trailer, I will be selling my Bateson 240V van trailer for around £1500 in a couple of months.

240V Van Trailer | Bateson Trailers

trailer.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information