1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracker For V4s

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Simon Smith, Nov 14, 2018.

1. just checked my insurance and to add a new V4S to my current multibike and was pleasantly surprised to keep it below 1500 for the R1 Gixer and the Duc. Only thing they requested is a tracker. My question is who has one fitted and which one. Been offered biketrac for 385 fitted plus 100 a year sub. Any issues with having one fitted.

2. I’ve found them really helpful as an organisation that stands by its products. In terms of service, moved my bike and they texted me and phoned me immediately. Fitted to a 959 Panigale and now a 1260 Multistrada.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Another thing, if it’s getting fitted by the dealer, hopefully it’s a local dealer. Any problems and the tracker is in a hard to get at place, certainly with a Panigale. Most people who come to your home to fit or whatever, think it’s going to be under the seat or a side panel.

4. If you are going to spend v4s kinda money, then a 27 pence a day subscription would seem good value

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I’m not concerned about the cost. Just if there is any inherent issues once one is fitted. In 19 years with bikes I’ve never been asked to fit any additional security before.

6. Hi Mate, I've go the BikeTrac fitted to my V4S, and have no issues with it at all.
    I did move the bike about 3 meters (without ignition on) and they text'd & rang me straight away - so no issues there on quality of service & monitoring.

7. So how does it work? If ignition is on they don’t contact you?

8. If ignition is on, they are assuming its 'ok' and the rightful owner has turned on ignition etc, and they will not text/ring you.
    You can still view the bike on their app, with ignition on/off and track location.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. There are a number of products available on the market from cheap and cheerful through to BikeTrac. You will need to confirm with your broker/underwriter which brands they have on their approved list. Not all trackers are equal and you most definitely only get what you pay for. In the bike world, I believe BikeTrac are the only one that has a 24 hour manned monitoring hub who co-ordinate with the police. My choice is BikeTrac and it's 6 years now since buying the first one and as a family, we have their units fitted to 5 of our bikes. Their service has always been prompt for the unintended activation and whilst convenient, their mobile app has limitations. Over the years we have got to know the office team and they are always happy to discuss (and put right) any issues. The crucial thing is that for it to qualify for insurance purposes, the unit has to be fitted by an authorised workshop (most UK Ducati dealerships) but the fitting cost is extra. You need to negotiate with your bike salesman. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. I had one that stopped working and Biketrac sorted me out. Good to deal with, just make sure you’re local to the fitting dealer.

11. Will be fitted by Ducati Glasgow which is about 180 mile away.

12. I bought my bike from Ipswich which wasn’t a realistic trip for me to get fixed when it went wrong. I live near Carlisle and Ducati Carlisle weren’t interested, but Preston were and they got a bike sale out of it. Biketrac did all they realistically could to help which included two homefitters coming around who both baulked at getting at the unit.

13. The calling around to sort was all done by Biketrac, good people.

14. Have a Biketrac on my 1260, certainly works as I've inadvertently tested it a few times and they're straight onto you via phone and text. Using the app, or the web portal, you can set a service period, with an expiry of your choosing, if you or your workshop are going to be moving the bike around with the ignition off this is a good idea.

15. Biketrac for years here. Always works, always get a phone call really quickly when I forget to turn on servicing mode or something.

I love their new service mileage tracking feature. Basically you go online and input your service schedule and they automatically track your bike’s GPS mileage and email you service reminders.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cheers for the feedback. Guess there is nothing to worry about

17. I've gone with biketrac 3year subscription costing £229. Got little over 6-months left to run before (they say) auto-renew. They have always been on the ball when bikes moved without ignition turned on & as already stated, you can track the bike with ease.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information