1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Trade In Value Of A V4s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by james griffin, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Have you ever thought about Marriage

Like.. to a man.

Me specifically

• Funny Funny x 8
  2. To be honest......

No.....

But if I was to be gay, it would be with my friend Brad, because he’s like OMFG suppppppeerrrrrr cuttttte x

• Funny Funny x 8
  3. :heart:Brad is just such a dish.
    Swoon:heart:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. What car is that, just for future avoidance?

5. Big diesel. Just before they were declared only one step short of Jimmy Saville for popularity by the govt

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Which one? That still seems brutal.
    I might add that they are right in purpose, as it's a filthy noxious fuel, but wrong in execution (because they are cowards)
    They should just ban all new purchases from, say two years hence, and bring in stringent, and rigorously policed emissions tests annually for the rest (particulates and nitrous etc?

7. 435 xdrive

8. BMW’s are shockingly bad for the old bath. The upside is you can a 2 or 3 year old beauty for relatively reasonable dough. I’m thinking 3 year old M6...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Grimace

10. I've no issue with petrols. Diesel is awful stuff though.

11. Why?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Poisonous to all who breathe the filth they bilge out. Read a bit.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. The trade in prices are bad, but honestly I think you have to take the cost of pipes etc out of the equation, they cost £4k but they are never going to make that difference to a used price so why would a dealer offer more for one with them on. In reality they might make £500 to the used price of a V4, it's crap but it's just the way it is with stuff like exhausts. Especially when people know that exhausts on Ducati's now render them tricky to do UK trackdays with.

There's a bit of miss-truth around PCP on here also, some saying you can't move the bike until half the value is paid, that's not the case, I've read through mine and there is nothing in there about it, but I also paid the admin fee on the first payment and obv there is a balance to pay that includes interest so they build in the cost of getting out.

I'm actually on a PCP scheme that suits me massively but is a terrible decision from the perspective of ever wanting to change the bike, I made the decision when buying it that no matter what, I wouldn't change it before the end of the PCP. I bought my V2 for £15k, I didn't lump the accessories on because that's silly, I put £5250 into it, and it's £112 for 4 years. The reason being that at that money, it's so little a month, that even if I'm tight on money I still have a really great motorbike, the downside is that it's obv de-valuing quicker than I'm paying off the debt. There are some other aspects at play like the fact that I have a yearly bonus scheme at work and the fact that I have another bike that I can sell to clear the remainder of my PCP when needed, so it works for me.

The point I'm trying to make is that a lot of these V4's will have been bought on PCP, maybe some with deals like mine, although the deposit amount on the V4 will have been around £5k minimum, with monthly's of around £140 but they financed exhausts etc which mean they have massive negative equity.

The same is happening with the GSXR's, great if you stick £500 down and pay £140 as long as you are disciplined enough to not try and sell it after 18 months, because the reality is you won't, you'll get absolutely destroyed. My V2 will be one of the cleanest and will be well under the mileage allowance because I made sure of that to give me a buffer.

• Like Like x 4
  14. My V4S is going to cost me about £13500 over the 3 years if I just hand it back and walk away. To me that’s fine as I love the bike to bits and can justify the cost but not the same for all.

However I think the future value is quite low so any ‘equity’ will eat into that cost and make it more of a bargain for me personally.

Horses for courses.

• Like Like x 2
  15. My Gixxer is going to cost me 5 grand over the same period haha

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. haha, but I wanted a shiny red bike with all the bells and whistles, so the cost is the cost!
    I can justify it because I love the bike, nothing else out there gets me excited like this does so worth every single penny.

• Like Like x 4

17. Imagine all the cocaine and rentals you could have had with the leftovers :weary_face:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. I halved that budget to buy the bike, was getting a little out of hand so needed some balance ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Good point, I may get a steelie

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Not even funny that. It's a serious thing to consider.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information