1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Question

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cream_Revenge, Sep 25, 2017.

1. should have bought a fecking van..............

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Although described as 'heavyweight', the channels are a thin gauge so the chassis is probably only rated to 500kg. The ball hitch is an older version and looks a DIY fitting. Probably need to spend on a new jockey wheel assembly and I'd advise getting a modern ball hitch. You need to check how many pins are in the trailer board plug, might be 7 instead of the now standard 9. It would add £100 to the purchase price but on the plus side, it is clean and tidy so probably looked after. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. messaged him, he said the guy he bought it off said it was 750kg, i only need 400kg payload really.

4. Have you still not bought something?! Did you used to be a woman?

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. NO
    Still am

6. my car has a 7 pin socket so that's all good, he sent some more pics.

Only real issue is bloody Wakefield! s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600.jpg

7. that looks dodgy!!

8. CR, brud, look around the car park at any track day and you'll see a few trailers the rest will be vans, loads of em, vans everywhere.

There's a reason for that ;)

9. really, why?

10. yeah, but i just blew £500 on a fricking tow bar so i'm going to use the fecker!

11. Bugger mate - that's exactly how much I paid for my van!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. The extra pictures do show a much more rugged frame than the first set so take him at his word. No ramp shown in any of the pictures, an oversight ? Have you looked at Trailertek at Micheldever ? Mine started out life as one of theirs and it's been fine for years. Andy

13. Which award are you going for exactly with this thread?

Why didn't you star a thread 'trailer or van?'

£500 for a tow bar? I paid £140 fitted for mine, paid £220 ish for a trailer - then bought a van :innocent:

#74 Exige, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2019
  14. :laughing:

15. £500 for a tow bar?? :scream:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. If it's done properly replacing the rear subframe member and fitting a removable towbar, yes that is what it costs. My trailer doesn't need an MOT, road fund licence, insurance or servicing. In 13 years of ownership, my trailer has cost me £35 for 2 new tyres and £60 for replacement wheel bearings and it's still worth the £300 I paid for it, nor is it an eyesore parked outside my house. Which is more than can be said for you vanmongers :D. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I wish mine only cost me £500

18. Yep, it's a proper removable towbar that connects to the canbus.

Still wish i'd got a van. Not backing out now though!

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information