1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transportation In A Van

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by triari, Apr 29, 2017.

1. With a BIG strong box with lots of nice fluffy padding inside.

2. 275_egypt_headgear_tout.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok am totally confused now

4. I'm waiting patiently :D

5. Is that what that fella with the pot on his head is doing?

6. I don't know :( it's my annoyed head I use for communicating with @finm :D

7. Ah OK, yes must be a Scottish thing then, maybe a haggis pot?
    Well I guess this has two outcomes, be a patient chappy and wait for Mr Noidea to decide what he's doing then let you know first or find another, there must be loads about ;)
    (probably best continue this via PMs too)

8. :Angelic: :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Meet Geoff:

10. I normally load bikes as in option 1 diagram with 2 straps on front bars one at rear blanket over each bike and old mattress or foam between if u can just in case/ peace of mind stuff if you ever get chance hire Loloader ( Google images for type) van tons better for access and to drive we use these a lot most I have transported 32 classic bikes one Lorry

image.jpeg

11. another vote for two forward one backwards. I had 2 CBR600s (1x steelie, 1 xFX) and a GSXR6 in a lwb like that, and all my tools and crap.
    Be careful if strapping down on the sidestand, you can bend it.
    what I do, is lean it against the side. Put it in gear and the front wheel wedged at an angle in the front corner. Put an old sofa cushion between it and the side and 1 strap running from the mid-way roof/wall rib over the bike and down to the tie point. The only problem with this is if you have a road bike you need to be careful of sticky-out indicators etc

Oh yes, and if it's a LWB is it rear wheel drive - that puts the load bed an annoying number of inches up, so if all your loarding kit is based round a standard van you may have problems - DAMHIK.

Also. a couple of cheap camping foam mats are handy to avoid scratching things

Do Not Sell My Personal Information