1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trikes.....why?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by mike willis, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Rode a quad on hols couple years ago. Horrendous. Never again

2. I'm doing some work on one now. Unless you have a disability they are a pointless waste of space.

3. Spotted in SW
    AA09864C-DF4F-4400-9538-8810165D1251.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. 30565BE3-455B-457C-8CFD-F0D45459CEFE.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mate of mine had a gsxr 1000 k4 quad that was f*cking mental.

6. CD7B6FE0-3BA1-4B69-A9F8-D05681C3D591.jpeg
    This sort of thing.

7. Are you old?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. To some but young to others

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I quite fancy a go on one of these, a Tremoto leaning trike.

upload_2021-11-18_16-15-59.jpeg upload_2021-11-18_16-15-59.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Don’t do it. They look fucking stupid. So do those trikes. They should all be crushed and said crushing posted on YouTube for therapeutic purposes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. On the insistence of my young daughters I hired a Paggio MP3 500cc three wheeler super scoot when on holiday in Majorca. Was good fun and they loved riding on the pillion. Ex wife was placated by the fact it had an additional wheel, not so by daughters telling her I was scraping the foot boards on the mountain roads.

As to traditional trikes, for those unable to ride a regular bike due to disability I can see the point. Saw a great Monster 900 at the Abergavenny bus station meet, controls transfered to sidecar platform, ramp to get wheelchair on with clamps to keep it in place. Other more traditional trikes... abominations quite frankly. As said, can't see the point.

#31 Bumpkin, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
  12. not meaning to pick a fight publicly Speedy, but the two wheels at front/one wheel at rear variety can be made to handle very well. I can remember seeing a couple of Morgans sprinting around the backroads near Brooklands as a teenager and it made me want one (never did get one).

13. I rode through the desert on a quad (with no name). T'was a laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Saw one turned over easily on a cor- day when driven ‘properly’. Death traps for anyone who likes driving fast

15. I’d imagine it was off road. But on the road, with those big wide tyres, corners were horrific, the number of times it just pretty much went straight on..

16. I’ve known you long enough to just politely disagree on that one Paul :upyeah: it’s a different kind of handling, and it’s got its limitations but so do two and four wheel have theirs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I has seen the vids etc and we had a pro doing Stowe circuit runs for punters as part of the Morgan stand - their driver (pretty sure it was Morgan but probably wrong). Anyway day 2 he does a few donuts for the kid in the seat and flipped it. Luckily the roll bar did its job. Cost us a few quid still in compo

18. Yes, off road, till a midnight stop at the oasis...;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information