1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trip Meter Setting

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Jul 30, 2017.

1. So today I discovered my trip meter is in KMs and Speed is in MPH?! It's a UK bike so I need miles, is there a selection switch or something. Maybe some drunk Italian assembled it back in 2002 this way just to mess with someones head?

2. Ooo-er.......

Well, I never spotted a selection switch on three speedos that I had here.......but mine were simple carbed SS ones.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. sounds very odd!!! Is it electric?

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's a mechanical unit for the SS ie. I thought the tank had super capacity until today when mates bike had 60 and I had 100 odd. Worked it out that his was indeed correct. Weirdest thing. Dial says miles FB_IMG_1501439972215.jpg

5. On the plus side, your bikes done bugger all mileage eh :upyeah: Barely 4300 !!! :grinning:

Does it also do well over 200 mph ?? Not helping I know !! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. proper odd! Is it just the trip meter or the odometer also?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Turns out the Odometer is KMs too! Speed is definitely MPH. Strange

8. In that case then, I suspect its a KM/H unit that's had a MPH card put on the front(where the 2 screws are)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hence, a possibility that your bike was not UK supply originally ??

10. Well then. That's means my mileage is a lot lower. Awesome. The card looks very good quality as I thought it was original. It goes up to 180mph and the ones I've seen on eBay are 160 and have CEV printed on them....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Friday bike for sure!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Does look a different top card compared to this 2002 from Google ??

Custom720.jpg

13. Possibly, was only a thought that's all, I can't see any other reason for it ??

14. Mystery solved!!!! I have a low miles example then. Bonus!!!! See bottom of dial FB_IMG_1501443443969.jpg

15. Couldn't read it from normal angle

16. So it is a different card then ?? I accept cheques or cash :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. i have a new zero mile one for that if you want a new bike!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information