1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trip To Le Mans

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Reubinio, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Hi, I am off to Le Mans for the GP, staying in Alencimmo in May.

Anyone got any recommendations for ride-outs (maybe to the coast) - best B road round route for a days biking?

Thanks.

2. Take wet weather gear and spare gloves. Le Mans is notorious for rain, heavy rain ! We got drowned 3 years ago which curtailed any desire to ride out so have no recommendations, sorry. Andy

3. Ok thanks, we must have got lucky last year with the weather then. Didn't do enough exploring though, kinda just to the circuit then back to the pub - great but want to hit more of those tasty B roads ths year... weather dependant! :praying:

4. Yes, last year was definitely the exception that proves the rule. Fingers crossed and I hope you have a great time. We'll be in Almeria until the Saturday so will have to wait until Catalunya before getting our fix. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. I rode there a few years ago for the car 24hr

It was a pretty boring ride up to be honest but great once there

• Like Like x 1
  6. Were going in May as well and stay in a place called Vitre about 70 miles to the West of Le Mans. Do the 999 on the way down from Caen with a trip to the coast on the Saturday, just jump onto one of the many minor roads and tend to find something reasonable. Has been baking hot the last two years so fingers crossed for this year. For the first time we've shelled out on grandstand tickets as it gets packed.

7. Great thanks, yeah had grandstand tickets last year but missed out this year, I guess Zarco has increased the demand... mind you judging by Sunday thats fair enough!

8. We are heading to the Loheac motor museum from St Malo, and then across to our B&B about 20km from Le Mans. We are up in the Privilege stand this year. Drop me a message, would be good to meet a fellow forum memeber :)

Keith

9. The steak house in Alencon on the way down as well as the B roads. Mmmmm.......

10. I try to get out there for the GP each year but probably won't make it this year. Last year was brilliant weather. Try the Alpes Mancelles just west of Alencon and North West of Le Mans. The more rural you go, the better it gets. See if you can find Champgeneteux....I have a little house there for when life gets too much....or when the 24 hrs is on, or the GP etc Etc!

11. Or if you want to venture a little further, the D999 going North from St hilaire du harcourt is simply unmissable. 30 miles of sweepers.

12. Great, thanks guys

Do Not Sell My Personal Information