1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trip To Scotland

Discussion in 'Touring' started by NBB, May 20, 2019.

1. Ahh well as long as you got back what you put in. Someone will get lucky with their I bet! Shame it can't go back on the road though. Doesn't look that bad!

2. Wildlife is a big problem here, had a few close calls, worst was late at night single track road, and a herd of black cows had gotten out of the field, bike had a candle for front light, I went straight threw middle of them and never touched one, had to stop and compose myself. Early morning and early evening is the worst time. Still would change, the roads are brilliant, love just setting off in morning with no route planned, and deciding at each junction which way to go.
    Come again next year, plenty more roads to travel, just hope bambi behaves for you

3. i was telling this story to the local forrestry manager last week after he metioned he was on his way to discus the numbers of deer to be culled this year. i sugested they butcher them all. he seemed quite keen. he went on to remind me about the biker that was seriously hurt by a deer near inveraray a few years back. if that wasnt bad enough, the local council sent him the bill for the clean up and disposal of the deer carcass.
    the feckers.

4. Must be Tory's ;)

5. you know, i think it was, or maybe a liberal run council at that time.

6. Sorry to see the crash. I hope your hand recovers soon enough & you’re back on a bike of your choice when ready.

Tuesday of last week on my regular run I missed a deer by centimetres. Shift lights lit in 4th gear and just into 5th.....

Seeing the aftermath of your crash at such low speed is alarming.

Get well soon.

7. Who are the liberals? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It does seem low speed with wildlife ends the worst, there are loads of deer around right now - some management required.
    I had a run in with one a few years ago in the car, startled it and it backed off so I drove past slowly as it decided to ram the car with antlers - wouldn't have been pretty on a bike :eek:

9. early on in the season it useually is the roe dear, tonnes of them. any tree or bush lined road should be considered a potential killing zone

10. Absolutely, although it's not just the deer - I got whacked in the head by a pigeon about 12 years ago :astonished: with fuggin race cans on! Fowl play is all I can say :yum

11. oh, i see what you did there. :D

12. I'll get me coat :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. :D
    Rabbits. rabits drive me bonkers too. fugging stupid animals.

14. They are twats, no doubt, but only really a problem with daughters in the car :thinkingface:

15. true that.
    when i was doing my bike test the instructor advised me to avoide rabbits as their bones are hollow and act link stinngers.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. I feel a business proposition coming up - hello Police Scotland, I've got a low cost, renewable stinger for you.....

17. upload_2019-7-3_11-13-8.png

That'd have been messy...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. This was on a Tuono which thankfully has lower gearing. So it’d have been fine.

19. Last October we set off for home in the car from a meal in Plockton at about 6pm. The hotel owner strongly advised not travelling owing to the amount of deer on the road. After much ringing round for availability we stayed another night in a different hotel but set off approx. the same time the following evening.

Right enough, there were deer all over the route between Plockton and Loch Lubnaig.

20. When is “early on in the season” out of interest?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information