1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trip To Spain

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by LeeMcP, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Don't bother going up the west side of France come back over the alps and up through the central massif :)

2. Are you driving the bikes down to Marbella or do they stay on van? I go over every year so know the trip well. What time do you get off ferry in Santander?

3. 1299 & camping? ROFL! So you'll be carrying all the stuff on your Mutley, then!

4. Was wanting to do some of the Alps but wasn't sure if we'd have enough time so was gonna play safe coming up the west side.
    How many days would you allow to allow an enjoyable ride back going this way? Was hoping to avoid toll roads too.

5. Ha yeah you guessed it! Tent, camping paraphernalia on mine, box of matches on the Panigale!!
    Actually he reckons he's gonna be self sufficient. Bought some Kriega luggage.

6. If you want to avoid tolls, then the motorway from Toulouse to nearly Paris is almost toll free. If you want an overnight stop, camping of under a roof then send me a PM if the Dordogne could be on your route.

7. pm sent Bob

8. We did a really steady trip back no Motoway

Went after spending a few days in Spain

Sos del Rey Catolica
    Viscos
    Vers
    Loches
    Caen

You could easily remove one of those nights but we like to do some twisties and get to the b&bs with plenty of time to shower have some wine and a nice meal and breakfast the next day !!!

9. Thanks for the info....did you pick routes as you went i.e. the night before? Will be using the Michelin maps and looking for the green and yellow routes ideally.
    All were after is good biking routes back through France heading to Roscoff for the ferry

10. We pre booked this time (swimming pools were wanted on some stops ;p) but have had great success finding online the same day

We took os maps and just looked for roads we thought looked fun - you can't go too wrong in France !' also used 'best biking roads' website for ideas

11. Righto....thanks for the info

12. It will have to be a small box of matches.

13. fitted sw motech panniers tank bag for run to alps

ducati bags fitted 2-5-172017-05-02 at 7.24.59 pm 3.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. IMG_4250.JPG IMG_4236.JPG IMG_4219.JPG
    This was by far the best road that Ive ever been on!! The Guardia took a dent out the enjoyment (got pulled 4 times in 3 days!!) but this truely is a bikers paradise.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Great photos,great road enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  16. The road in the photos don't look that good to me :)

17. Awesome.Can't wait to experience similar journey on my Panigale...

18. I'm looking to do this sort of trip on my hyperstrada.
    All of you seem to do it with others, but I'll be on my own. Anything different I should plan apart from letting others know my planned route.

I have no friends before you ask why !

19. Get some European breakdown cover in case the worst happen but don't be put off going solo.
    Alternatively there will be people on here and other forums going on tour this year maybe look out for open invites

20. It's a great road. I did it with Bazzer on Monday. Got to Ronda, turned round and came right back down again. Stopped at the
    Venta el Marono too.

Fantastic grip on that road when dry but it's a killer when wet, according to my bro who did it in the wet on Friday. So he sat and waited for it to dry and was duly rewarded.

Head for any mountainous area in Spain and you'll get fantastic roads n rides.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information