1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph 675 - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by RC1, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Not so much being fast you neEd something reliable, Honda cbr 600 perfect beginners bike.

2. but with diligence is the 675 really that unreliable you reckon ie even with due care and attention its a bit flakey?

im superficial and the cbr looks so bland and im a sucker for 'character'

3. The 675 turns without trying.
    It's got a surprising amount of grunt and it is fast enough to keep up with most bikes.I never had any issues at all from new. Monoblock Brembo's, ohlins all round, Quick shifter,etc. I had the arrow can and the triple sound is totally intoxicating. You won't be sorry.

20160719_131406.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. I think if you are used to a Ducati then the Triumph is the best option for a 600 as it actually has midrange, the others will do your head in!

I've owned 2 Daytona's and my mate has also, never had any issues with them and have been sublime on track, the 09-12 is my pick though, better brakes, hydraulic cam chain tensioner and 3hp and less weight. Oh and the official triumph quick-shifter is plug and play on the 09 with the wiring ready for it.

My most recent one was a white 2013 R model as pictured above, also a great bike, rode it to scotland and did some touring on it.

Get over to the 675.cc forum and ask some guys who live and breathe these bikes, some do silly amounts of miles!

• Like Like x 1
  5. My lanky mate has one as his track bike....Under seat exhaust model, bloody light bike compared to my contraption.

6. A 999

7. That's my worry. I have a 600 SRAD I can't ride anymore as it won't do anything under 10k rpm and I keep thinking it's about to blow up!

8. Brilliant intel thanks

Budget only allows for a pre facelift and im into the stealth black and gold look

I watched the MCN old vs new test and they seemed to suggest that the new one wasn't a massive step change on the old because the old was so good already

They did mention the gearing diff (one less tooth front sprocket for the new one)

The quick shifter retro fit is pretty neat though

There's a few up for sale and with summer behind us me thinks a nice bike to be had for just over 3 ish?

9. I also have a triumph QS that should plug into the loom direct (I believe) ;)

10. Ive had 3 675s and I still miss all of them (one got stolen, one blew up and i binned the last one). Brilliant handling, brilliant sound and quite eye catching too.

Caspian Blue, Red or Black with the gold wheels – all classics.

Cheap as chips to maintain too.

11. Ive had 3 675s and I still miss all of them (one got stolen, one blew up and i binned the last one). Brilliant handling, brilliant sound and quite eye catching too.

Caspian Blue, Red or Black with the gold wheels – all classics.

Cheap as chips to maintain too.

Go for pre 2013 model with underseat pipe if i were you.

12. Cheap as chips! Think @bradders would disagree.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Quick eBay search, not cheap are they!

14. only similar races to other bikes same age

15. compared to panigales they are, even if you did buy a dud :)

16. £500 trip to Portimao, £500 flights and other stuff, £270 tyres, £1200 replacement engine, £350 other parts, £800 labour bill.

3 laps. 9 miles.

Never seen a panigale that expensive to run ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. £402 per mile (you probably didn't want to know that)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Plus cost of bike and loss from braking it.....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. yeh you were shit out of luck except it could have been a ducati engine that blew up i suppose

what i meant (and im sure you know lol)

Arrow can - £250
    First service - £70
    Big Service - £250
    Carbon bits – tens of pounds

Pani
    Termi - £1700
    First Serviec £250
    Big Service £600+
    Carbon bits – hundreds of pounds

there must be a reason why so many club racers use 675s

• Funny Funny x 1