1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph 675 - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by RC1, Sep 7, 2017.

1. that looks special

• Like Like x 1

2. A few laps of Jerez last year on Triumph 675

• Like Like x 1
  3. Loved my 2015 675R. Personally I would go with the newer model as it's a more mature platform and reliability tends to be better. Also, the updates and worth it in my opinion.

It's a small narrow bike but I found it surprisingly comfy, and could quite easily do a day in the saddle.

Noise regs are an issue on U.K. tracks for most after market exhaust options.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ^ My mate often has to stick the baffle in his Arrow can.

5. I failed the static at Brands with the baffle in my arrow. Some wadding got me through eventually. It did blow straight out but I was not pulled.

6. Apparently pulling the clutch in makes the bike quieter.

7. Not a fair comparison tho. Arrow sys
    defo on a ducati, not sure about others, but I do anyway on every bike.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you need anything ;)
    -triumph QS in race shift
    -PC5 set up for std engine and open system
    -full decat system
    -Arrow can with baffle
    -Mupo race shock
    -2 sets of wheels with discs
    -full bodywork as new (freshly painted) incl tank cover
    -tank (dented)
    -2 fuel pumps
    -various engine parts (good crank, conrods, valves, cams)
    -freshly built motor form a fella on 675 forum (lowsider) which is 2014 Street Triple fully converted to Daytona spec and I have headers to match so you can drop into older Daytona
    -red subframe
    -ses lockstop
    -race from subframe
    -loom (bike runs keyless and has clutch bypass)
    -Sigma slipper clutch
    -decent rearsets
    -radiator, hoses, expansion tank etc
    -forks
    -brakes
    -yoke
    -clocks

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. you've got a few bits then!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I've had 4 of them from 2009 to 2014R.

If they had any new ones left in April I would have bought another rather than a Multi.

Amazing bikes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Plenty around that have 20000 miles plus on the clock so can't be that un relaible

12. Sorry to say it but Bradders had a bad experience with an ex race/track bike, they are generally pretty strong. I've had 2 and my mates between them have had 3, none with and serious issues.

13. I m tempted to get one as a cheap road hack / track day bike.

14. Get a suzuki gsxr for track work.

15. Never been a Gixer fan.

The 675 is very appealing. A bit like other peoples experiences have had mates who have had no problems or major problems. I guess there are some Friday bikes out there and some neglected bikes also

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. @bradders will tell you I love mine

Just sitting in Bristol airport waiting to go to Almeria for 5 days on it.

It's a 2007. Standard engine is as reliable as anything else out there. If you tune them you REALLY have to keep on top of the maintenance but I've had no problems with mine in the 4 years I've owned it. I change the oil every 4 or 5 track days just yo be on the safe side.

Quick shifter is easy (either the Triumph one or HM or healtech or similar). Standard suspension is good but by no means brilliant. Lots of options for fork internals and shocks. I have Maxton in the front and Nitron at the back.

Great fun, quick enough as it's light and only really looses out to the litre bikes in the last 3rd of the straight. I've gone down 1 on the front and up 2 on the rear sprockets for a bit more punch from the corners.

I love mine. Don't feck about with the engine and you'll be fine
    Photo 29-02-2016, 10 09 05.jpg View attachment 99225 View attachment 99226

11053630_10153454648589365_2470807360659704941_n.jpg

IMG_2646.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  17. I regret selling mine.doh

18. Stunning bike MrAliT enjoy the sun and track time on that weapon:cool:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information