1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triumph Speed Triple 1200 Rs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by damodici, Aug 4, 2021.

1. From the specs EJ it has an adult seat height so put it from your mind.;):(o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Try the 765 Moto2.
    Eye watering but I can do it. Where there’s a will……

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I looked over one of the new rocket 3's at rykers one day. I was impressed by the fit and finish and the materials. It looked very well put together and the surface finishes and textures of the castings were impressive. Not to mention 2.5l is mental.

4. And at 291 kg dry, Hulk like to move it around :joy: Andy

5. Have you seen the torque though? 221Nm! Thats a lazy bastards dream.

6. i dare anyone with one to pull up beside when i am out on the fugly and say, nice bike, shame about the front end.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. be interested how you get on for height, with OP being 5'10 and not flat footed

8. I'm 5' 6", and not flat footed, but got on fine with new Speed - just on the right side of the limit.

The Streetfighter is too high for me - just the wrong side of the limit, but made worse in that I really struggle to get the stand down while supporting the bike.

9. Agreed.

I just don't like the headlight set up. I'm a fan of naked bikes but the speed triple has always had an headlight set up i just couldn't get along with.

If the headlight was similar to my monster then I'd be likely on a trumper.

Just my thoughts and I'm sure they're a stellar bike to ride. In fact I had a go on a early bug eye speed triple and it went very well.... But the headlights let it down (for me).

I owned a series one speed triple, big lump but was fun to ride.... That was the real early days version, single headlight etc.

• Like Like x 2

10. I loved my T3 Speed Triple Orange, seat cowl and the 3into 1 race exhaust (not for highway use). Rode down to the French Alps for 3 nights took me about 11 hours door to door. Had to refuel every hour once I got into France, a seemingly unburstable engine great fun. Would toast a Bridgestone within a 1,000 miles but they were IMO the best tyre to fit. :):upyeah:

11. On the series one I had, I had a pair of micron slip on race cans.... One of the best sounding bikes I've ever owned.

Had a 955 daytona after that, kept standard.... Brill road bike

Then went onto twins.... RSV then SP2 then Ducati

12. I bought mine as a back up to my unreliable 851 as a bike I could rely on to start when required and not just when it decided it would. Then went on to buy a T595 Black just be the arse dropped out of the motorcycle market. TBH I hated the T595 it’s ergonomics were way off for me swapped that for a Tiger then took a hiatus from motorcycling.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm not in love with the headlight styling, but then again I don't dislike it either, on the new model if definitely looks more modern compared to past versions

Theres not really one hyper / super naked that I do particularly like the headlight on in truth, there's something wrong with all of them but I guess that's par for the course

They're supposed to be thuggish

• Like Like x 2
  14. My 2nd demo ride on the 1200RS was really encouraging! Amazing chassis and felt super sharp in the handling department, It’s really planted with really quick transitioning, brakes were also top notch and on point with the best of the superbikes. Engine is a little peakey and wants to be above 4-5K before coming alive with a strong midrange. Ergonomics were spot on as well. Very accomplished bike, and was a strong contender. But massively let down by the gearbox, and electronics! I spoke to the technician workshop guy after the ride and he echoed the same problems. Quickshifter and blipper were fantastic at pretty much any speed. The gearbox itself only felt horrible in what I would call manual mode…. Changing gears the old fashioned way! Also finding natural was a complete ball ache, almost impossible! The dash has the worst lag I’ve ever seen, but could be a software issue. The demo I rode also decided to shit itself and lock up the screen during my ride. Even the dealer struggled to reboot it and get it back to working normally. Such a shame as the rest of the bike is totally ballistic……. So I took a punt and went Orange!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. 00384F7E-CB07-4E27-B803-7197EDFD8264.jpeg C0667606-EF23-499E-8891-8E441140FB9F.jpeg 119F09D0-2406-403A-8C5B-347B291268C6.jpeg 7570C162-D2E1-4722-8755-60F9F8E3AFDC.jpeg 17A21C1B-3F7B-4A04-B1F9-D48041130DBC.jpeg F4CFFEAD-BAC7-4F5D-B20E-2FFDC5EB9B5E.jpeg BD47D6E0-B8E3-4055-84FC-DDBFBAECE9FE.jpeg

368B46AC-D982-4272-9B70-1DF076607051.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  16. I didn't notice any particular issues with the new Speed gearbox, over 2 test rides, both about an hour, but the same bike.

...but little tweaks to fix such things are why I'm tempted to wait until next spring.

Congrats on the new bike, looks awesome.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Having had the 765 Striple and the Daytona version of the 765 the main thing that puts me off the Speed is the electronics. The ability to control wheelie separately to TC is a massive miss, as it is on the two smaller bikes.
    Even the new s1000r has a “fun button” if you will excuse the phrase.
    Second issue is the boring colour.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Great looking KTM :cool:

I don’t have any issue with neutral; though I came from a Supersport which was really difficult.

I agree the boot up time is a bit slow.

The gearbox is also a peach, but I’m only at running in revs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. it could well have been incorrect chain tension as I know this can really effect gear changes. But can’t see that being the case as it had not long been through the workshop for its 1st service. It’s buttery smooth on the quickshifter and Blipper. It was only noticeable when you didn’t changed manually and used the clutch. Even the tech guy said he was unimpressed with the feeling. Perhaps just needed some more miles. I’ve heard a lot about not being able to find neutral! Again this might have been down to something else, pretty sure a software update will be available to speed the clock display and format up. Apart from that it’s a total peach to ride. And much preferred it over the new Ape factory I rode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information