1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Troy Bayliss 998s

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Saalagora, May 8, 2020.

• Useful Useful x 1
  1. Is yours in Bayliss colours though forget the internals?

2. So anywhere else it would have been £9 or £10k then :D Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I thought it was a very fair price for it too. There was no mention of the mileage. It went on their FB page (I got the link via a share off the DOCGB page) at 13.30 yesterday. At 4pm (ish) someone asked the question as to price, to be told it had sold immediately at 13.5k, it’s all in the comments below the FB post.

Interestingly they described it as having carbon fairings but only those that went to the US had CF fairings to make up for the fact they didn’t have the Full Monty 996R race engine, so maybe it was imported from the US at some stage and had the standard 998 engine:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Hmmm, well kind of, not.

It was apparently spec’d by the original owner as a copy of the Baylis Rep but the dealer has applied incorrect graphics. Perhaps he wasn’t allowed by Ducati to apply the exact same graphics so had to apply a close approximation.

Mine

E69C178F-E753-4EDA-9799-6CB6E6C79037.jpeg

Troy’s

A084F10E-EF5F-4B0E-B9CF-5C84C33704FD.jpeg

5. I think they sold the official graphics as an option back in the day :thinkingface: not sure if they are slightly different or the same...

6. With those 'Foggy' eyes on it looks like the owner or dealer got confused on which race rep he was repping lol

It's like an expensive spot the difference

7. Perhaps that’s the issue then, although as DucatiScud says below, why the Foggy eyes:thinkingface:. Anyways it’ll all get changed/corrected once it arrives here:)
    :joy: LOL

8. green is 2001 and blue is 2002.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Now that is useful:thinkingface: I presume you’re referring to the WSBK bikes? Oohh, more research/reading for me to do goody goody:)

10. Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 11.20.28.png Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 11.21.28.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Hence 2001 which he won he was No 21
    and competed in 2002 as No1.....

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. No TC’s and not B’s X

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well there you are then, thanks for that Andy. I take back what I said about the dealer not applying the correct graphics. He clearly did apply the correct ones for the 2002 bike, thus also avoiding any issues with Ducati about him ripping off an official Ltd Ed bike. Maybe, I'll keep all the graphics on there then. Cheers @andyb :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. even the Foggy eyes, c'mon

15. :(:pensive: Oops. yep, they'll go (assuming TB didn't have them on his 2002 bike), I meant to add that to the message above but hit Post Reply too quickly.

16. It seem so!!!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Ooh, thanks Steve:upyeah: looks like they'll be staying as well then.

18. It's make your mind up time!!! ;)
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information