1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Troy Bayliss 998s

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Saalagora, May 8, 2020.

1. It says in listing it’s 123 bhp .

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. So it does. Serves me right for not reading the detail. :upyeah:

3. There isn’t any and done

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I had contact: California import.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  5. Nobody in their right mind. Get a 998R for that or a 996R with a nice wedge of cash left over.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Rite Bike are webuyanybike.co.uk (not .com, that's someone else) punch in the bike details on their web site and you will see what they offered for it when buying :joy:

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Once upon a time you could have purchased a 98r & 96r for under £30k.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Is it 1st April?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. You could've got all 3 for under 30k

10. Yeah fecking bike collectors pushing up the prices.:punch:;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. What was the rationale with U.S. 998 models not getting the deep sump?

12. Emissions regulations I believe, from the 916 SPS onwards they couldn't pass the tests

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yep, Harry’s right, Californian emissions regs, can’t sell in Cali no point trying to sell elsewhere, but on a sensible note they have to adhere to the strictest state which is Cali then they know they’ll be safe in every other state and not end up being sued.

14. In what way does a deep sump increase emissions?

15. I thought the same, but then thought maybe they didn't want to have a further engine config with the lower power engine having a deep sump. It's the S spec engine that didn't meet the regs which just happened to have a deep sump, so they used the base engine instead as an easy option.

16. Put the crap cams in a deep sump and heavy crank..

One exh sys tooling and no carbon fairing to compensate

17. They did it for the S4RS....

18. As it could be seen, so more marketing biased maybe :thinkingface:

19. I remember reading somewhere it was due to emissions. Simplistically a more powerful engine must burn more fuel & pump out more emissions. They couldn’t sell the 996R in the US for the same reason. I’m no emissions expert so took at face value what I read (I think it was Falloon :thinkingface:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information