1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Troy

Discussion in 'Test Forum' started by Poucher, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Went over to Oz at Christmas to see my daughter and we were in a seaside resort called Noosa Heads when my Wife spotted "That bloke off the telly that you used to watch all the time".... bugger me, my all time bike hero 3 x WSB champion Troy Bayliss!! :bow

[​IMG]

Asked him nicely for a pic with him and he just slapped me on the back and said "Sure, no worries mate!!" absolutely chuffed to bits to meet him, WSB was never the same after he retired.
    Had a canny little chat with him, and said the last time I saw him race was at Brands with his Superman leathers on ( 2009 / 2010 ?? ) to which he replied "Jeez, that was a lifetime ago!!"
    He even went over to my wife, shook her hand and asked if she was having a nice holiday :)

While he was doing this I was talking to his wife Kim and said that I lost interest in WSB after Troy retired and hadn't watched a WSB race since, she came back with quick as a flash with "No, neither have I" :):)

His young Son Ollie ( I think ) took the pic, he was better with the I-phone than I am!!

Great to meet him, real nice bloke and Superbike legend.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information