1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Trying To Back It Into Corners Lol

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by james griffin, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Hi all
    Yes, I was playing around with it today. Having had 4 years away from track days I did 3 days on my 749 two years ago, then a year later bought a 1299. Fair to say I have found the adjustment a bit of a challenge. Most of it is mental but there have been some practical issues. I have ridden 749s since 2004 and you do get used to them.

My problems have related to corner entry, something I did quite well on the 749 and until yesterday was quite shocking on the 1299. So I have been looking at my head, the Suspension and EBC. Setting it to 1 makes it feel like a proper twin and gives plenty engine braking. On the 1299 you should not be able to lock up the rear as it has an electronic slipper clutch. I had no issues with it. But definitely worth playing around with the values to find out what suits you.

Still working on the Suspension!

Hope that helps

#21 749er, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  2. EBC 3 is least engine breaking!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. I find the back end pretty flighty on corner entry just from heavy braking.

I’ve never gone out of my way to try ‘backing it in’ but it has happened under heavy braking as mentioned.

Feel like a hero until it eventually goes wrong I guess ha.

There’s different ways of doing it though, from rear brake usage, to throttle usage, banging it down the box etc amongst others I imagine

4. Cadwell is particularly bad a couple corners after the mountain as you brake for the hairpin. The backend goes up and always whips to the wrong side as you come out of the esses.
    The test rider dude on the advert for the 1299 is mega sideways all the time, as it Chaz every race! I'm yet to get on a bike that has brakes anywhere close to the Panigale.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information