1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTF2 replica

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by rcv4, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Finally the auto clutch has arrived,its a nice looking trick piece of kit,easy to install and set up,i just feels wrong dropping into first without using the clutch,my mate is at Donnington this weekend to try it out at the classic festival. 20140804_190512.jpg

2. does that use centrifugal force to engage, kinda twist n go?

EFM Auto Clutch

#122 Duke of Stow, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  3. Thats the one EFM i would think it would be nice to use on the road with no disability.

4. Interested to hear how he gets on with it. I've ridden a VFR with the DSG and the only problem I had was when crawling, being unable to slip the clutch. I wonder if this is the same?

5. Interesting. But ultimately, not desirable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you have lost the use of your left hand as he has it is very desirable...i rode it round the yard at work at walking speed feet on the pegs ....very controlable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. using the back brake to control your speed?

8. At slow speed its like riding a honda c50,just over tickover the çlutch starts to bite but it doesnt grab, as soon as you knock the throttle off it disengages again,very smooth no snatch.

9. Especially useful around town. How much is it and where do you get them?

10. On a town bike I reckon it's a cracking idea. On an Italian classic..?

11. We got the clutch direct from EFM $645 we had to make some changes as it was made for the 900 push from left side,you can still use the hand clutch as normal but its light we, dont have that option with it being a mixed bag .

12. Including clutch plates, or do they use the standard Ducati ones?

13. You have to supply a basket as the tangs are drilled and tapped for the pressure plate to bolt to and a center,you dont get plates supplied and you dont need clutch springs.

14. So not a bolt on option.

15. It is a stright bolt on if you have a slave cylinder on the left,now i no how it works and fits i would just get the faceplate and drill my own basket if i were to get another,with the left side slave you can still use the clutch as normal with the lever which makes it feather light,if you have a right side slave you cant use the lever and we used a 800IE Center and the std 600ss basket machined down to the circlip groove..if that makes any sense.

16. I have the chance to buy a very cheap 900ie..the question is do i build another tt2 or a cafe racer?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Please build another TT2/ 900!

18. A TT! I have some T45 you can practice your welding on ;)

19. The TT2 had a roll around in the gravel trap a donnington last weekend so it will be getting a full rebuild this winter...the full bodywork trashed including the tank and a few bits bent,the rider is ok just pissed off.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information