1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTF2 replica

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by rcv4, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Quick update on the f2,just checking the valve seats on the modded rear cylinder they are both spot on after 2 seasons running but we did find a loose valve guide which was under sized to the stock one,i never checked the size when i got them.i knocked this stand up to make the job easier,3 engine boots and lift the chassis off. 20160329_190346.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. How much time you got these days - I might pop over with a pile of T45 :D
    Looking good, the unicycle :upyeah:

3. Hi being new to the ducati forum and having bought some 600ss parts, im going to be using as a base for a project. Came across your project and must say what quality of workmanship. i can see why the use of R6 forks, did you use R6 yokes as well? Where they an easy fit, or was there a lot of work to get them to fit. Where the R6 six the best type to use, I'm thinking of using some zx6/9 right way up ones for my cafe racer project. Any advise or thoughts would be helpful. Thank you

4. Hi,yes i used the r6 yokes i think i changed the stem for the ss one,we have used r6 forks on a few projects as they work well and look the part.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. hello, also new on the forum, did something similar and used kawasaki ninja 6r forks, guzzi front hub

WP_20160723_21_02_24_Pro.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. They look good hendrik,any more info on the bike.

7. Thanks for replying much appreciated.

8. Hendrik, looks good got any more info on bike, also same question are they Kawasaki yokes with stem change?

9. They are 41.7mm BMW K100 yokes and stem this is plug and play in my converted allazurra frame, front wheel guzzi, rear wheel husqvarna, tank is pantah but i changed the shape (cutting,welding) i also did the reversed head conversion but its a M600 head (with the smaller valves its relativeliy easy), however due to the fact its desmo the valve deck position in the valve seat is critical for valve adjustment. lucily the m600 heads are quite cheap for experimenting...

WP_20160723_21_01_47_Pro.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. The M1R forks fitted to the Pasos and early 851s are also 41.7mm

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Yep, MR1s paso forks was the initial plan for me but came across these ninja forks and are also 41.7 just like BMWK100 forks probably also made by marzocchi. Ninja zx6r forks look nice they have this very classic Ceriani feel about them but then 41MM and fully ajustable cardrige type and more modern. MR1's do not have the same quality in my opinion

12. I have to agree, the M1R's are pretty basic.

13. WP_20160614_20_26_40_Pro.jpg

14. Thanks Hendrik for info. Being new to the Ducati seen, don't really no a lot about all this reversed head stuff, first i heard of it when coming to the ducati forum. Been a Kawasaki man most of my biking time even my moto martin was. Rode a Ducati 900ss when i was 18, many many moons ago, which was the best handling bike i ever rode, back in the day. I have a 600ss frame an engine that i'm going to make in to a cafe racer/panther/ff 1 copy. Very interesting to see and hear what other people are doing. If i can make something half as good i'll be happy.

15. doent mattter what you do just make the best of it, keep inproving ur bike as you go along, enjoy and at he same time ride the bike, attention to detail is important and the proportions should be well balanced. This is motorcycling enjoyment to the core like in the triton, seeley and egli vincent days where people experimented and were creative, regretably now this has gone and everyone rides of the shelve r1200gs

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hi,
    i would also like to modify an vertical head, could you give me some advise please ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information