1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuition Fees... Worth It?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Mary Hinge, Jul 24, 2017.

1. I did the £480 day with Simon Crafer in Cartagena earlier this year, and it was money well spent.
    For your £480 though, you only get him every other sessions, so 4 sessions in total. It's a lot of money, but as an instructor, he's very good and picks up things for you to work on during the sessions he's not with you.
    You effectively share him for the day with someone else

This is the only pic I got with him, and he's either on your back wheel, or sitting just in front of you giving you signals with one hand whilst I'd be holding on for dear life :)

You do get a motovudo shirt from it though ;) PWP_1881.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I did a full day with Gary Walton of Notso-Fast this year at Oulton, and that was similar money, but you get him for the full day, and it's only you with him, so you get his full and undivided attention.
    He was really good, and I finished the day going faster and working less for it, so that's about the best result you could hope for. I started the day with Gary doing 1:50ish at Oulton, and was doing 1:48's by the end of the day, and feeling like I was going slower as the effort involved was much less.
    I met Gary at a couple of races before, as he coaches quite a few of the guys I race with, and is a really decent chap. He has the no bullshit type approach, which is perfect for me
    I'd definitely recommend him, and he does Euro's too

• Like Like x 1
  3. I know couple of people who have used him and rate him highly. Although its a full on day and he'll work you as hard as he can ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information