1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tune Ecu

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Pavey, Apr 23, 2017.

1. I want to reset the tps on my 1198 so have fired up my Android tablet and connected to the ECU with my lead. It never connects, this is with the ignition on. The light in the bottom right hand corner just blinks a lot but never goes to green.

The interface on my Tune ECU app shows Triumph dials, how do i change them to Ducati ones? Am i using the correct software if the dials show Triumph? I seem to remember i did connect to the bike before to rest the TPS using this app.

Help!

Thanks!

2. You using BT or KKL lead?

3. It's from Lonelec and says OBD 2 on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Second one. The cable.
    Just tried it again with the engine running and still the same result.
    From googling people suggest the bike needs to be connected to an external battery to keep its battery in the highest possible charge state?
    Sounds like mumbo jumbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Is the android device recognising the KKL lead? I have a couple of mini usb to usb adaptors that do not work on some of my android devices.

6. Seems to be, the error that keeps popping up is: the eco will not connect, turn off the ignition then on again. This is after a spate of the red light blinking for a good while.

7. With TuneECU running, plug in the USB cable. You will get a pop up box "Allow the app TuneECU to access the USB device? Use by default this USB device. Cancel, OK"

8. The ECU also needs to be an IAW5AM

9. I have had that message when connecting in that order but still the same, red light and nothing. Is the ecu marked with the model number Chris, is it easy to spot? Maybe thats it, wrong Ecu.

10. What bike. Usually pre 2004 they used IAW59M. The only way to tell is to carefully peel back the white paper labels.

11. 2010 1198s. I have changed the ecu once so maybe that's it. I'll investigate tomorrow if i have time.

Thanks for your help (again) :thumbsup:

12. You have an IAW5AM so TuneECU should work. Duff KKL lead?

13. I'll try the same lead and tablet on my 999 and see if it connects. It did previously and i spiked the ecu so the fan is constantly on. Is that a bad thing, as the 1198 does seem to run pretty hot.

Might swap them over if i can connect to that one.

14. There's a work around to sort the fan running. If you connect the Fiat adaptor to the 999 diagnostic port and just connect the black fly lead to a good earth. If the fan stops there is a simple mod to fix it. I'll PM you how.

15. I do have an IAW5AM. It says BF after it if that makes a difference?

Anyone have any tips for connecting? :(

16. Bit of an update for Mac users who wish to use Tune Ecu. With Bluestacks you can run Android apps on OSX - http://www.bluestacks.com

I now have Tune Ecu on my MBA, will try it tomorrow connected to the bike.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Accident sir. i scroll on my mobile and hit all sorts of things
    which post number is it and i will try and delete it
    sorry

Do Not Sell My Personal Information