1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuono V4 Factory

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by rdryder, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Looking at Tuono used prices they don’t seem to drop as much as other models in the range. There isn’t actually loads for sale.
    I would be a bit pissed off mind if I paid £18k and they did sell them for £14-£15k, cannot see how they could really

2. I seem to remember a few months after I bought mine in 2019 and paid for an exhaust that the exhaust was offered free a few months later.
    And Aprilia do have history in selling certain bikes a lot cheaper at times.
    Bike is so good I'm not that bothered.

3. you'll pay about £16k for a brand new full spec jobbie, so about 25% less than a street fighter s, which isn't as good a bike. they do hold their cash amazingly well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just checked my 90 degree valves to ensure they’re Poucher approved, they’re the correct side of the wheel and at 90 degrees across the wheel too. :upyeah::)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good man :upyeah:
    They turn them through 90 degrees to make life easier for yourself, so why fit em sticking out the wrong side of the bike :thinkingface: ??

6. To give the owner the benefit of the doubt as unlike us he doesn’t fit his own tyres, his tyre fitter let him down. ;)
    Henceforth my mantra will be ‘would Poucher approve?’

7. I will swap out of my 17 Factory for the new one. But I'm not paying RRP, give it to November and they will be £14k with a free Akra and map

• Like Like x 2
  8. and here lies the issue with aprilia... same as motocorsa are already doing £1500 deposit contribution on the rsv4 and it’s only been in dealers 2 months.

10. I have a mate who after having 3 KTM super dukes got fed up with the last ones problems and bought a tuono factory.
    he tours twice a year and loves it. He's a big chap 6'4''and says no problem with fuel or ridding position

11. What are they like cutting through stationary motorways traffic and wrist pain at constant 40mph?

12. I find mine no problems at low speed but as I have said before the main problem is the over light throttle which reacts to a sparrows fart or road bumps. An o ring has cured 80% of that and a remap removing the over run cut in at low revs would get rid of the rest.

13. On what did you put the O ring? And what is your idle speed? On mine I think a high idle accompanied with no steering lock makes me nervous at walking speeds?

14. 20240320_191503.jpg
    I put the O ring between the twist grip and the throttle housing as in the picture. The size was just enough to dampen the throttle movement when hitting bumps, but not enough to stop the throttle snapping shut when you let go. Might need a bit of experimentation

Do Not Sell My Personal Information