1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twat?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Richie Rich, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Richie Rich, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. He's a cock.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Just a typical BMW owner really.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Same guy who rode a GSXR up a green lane and got stuck ....not worth listening to

• Like Like x 2
  5. I was actually testing today and using YouTube for streaming; I stumbled on the 1199 review. What a total twat......

That is all, it's not because he doesn't like the 1199, he is entitled to his wrong opinion, but it's that he is just needlessly critical of every feature, total dick.

• Like Like x 3
  6. He has an opinion and is entitled to it, clearly it's the wrong opinion because he doesn't understand that Ducati's are difficult to ride recalcitrant creatures. Where's the challenge in GixxerRRHPZX1?

Therefore, by definition, he's a twat.

Makes some valid points tho ..... (cough cough)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah like at 6.30."you press it and it brings the fucking menu up".That would do my head in to the point of punching the fecking display lol.

Have to agree when he says for the money id prefer a 1098 and a winter hack bike but ive managed on the old 916 all year with town riding also but have to admit its a pain in slow moving heavy traffic as it just wants to go also.

8. I thought he made some valid points as well - the indicator cancel push waving all through the setup menu was the thing that struck me as a thorn in the Panigale's side. I mean, I've not ridden either bike - the Pani or the Beemer and I don't commute to London every day on my bike, so he's got some experience I haven't and I don't feel qualified to knock the bloke for that. BUT, he obviously doesn't appreciate a bike in the same way and on the myriad different levels that the Ducatisti do, because we don't expect our rides to be as oh-so-bloody-capable at everything as the Beemer is - but how many of us would consider using our superbike thoroughbreds as commuter's?!...OK OK, I'm sure there are a few die hards that do, but really?!....

9. Cant blame him for wanting to get his opinions out. Riding the superbike up a green lane, well, that's just stupid really isn't it. I believe the phrase is 'an acquired taste'

10. After seeing the off-roading vid I took a look at some more of his vids, and the bloke really is a weapons grade twat. A very high opinion of himself and a very low opinion of everything and everybody else. Sometimes this can be done in a humorous or interesting way, but not with this guy, he's just tedious.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Very well put. I think I put it a little more succinctly by calling him a cock

• Like Like x 2
  12. Well I'll be honest, watching a 20minute long amateur review is not something I've ever done but in this case I felt compelled to keep going.

Yes, the bloke is a bit of a knacker and has the occasional outburst of randomness akin to Tourette's and that becomes annoying.

But, and this is a big BUT , I do find myself agreeing with him on certain levels.

you see 'we' as ducatisti occasionally see them through rose tinted glasses.

Instead of faults, design flaws and the like, we tend to see 'character', 'passion' and 'soul'..... All of which really don't exist do they, I mean lets be frank its a bit of metal, its a product. One that we all love but a product non the less.

his assessment is how useable a 1199 is as a daily commuter compared to another top of the range superbike (in his case a S1000rr)

and he's right, an S1000rr is easier to live with, the fueling is spot on, the feedback superb, riding position comfy, 6ft + roominess and simple things like footpegs do what is intended of them in wet conditions.

the ducati is prettier as he says, its also more of an event when you ride it, again as he says. The indicator cancel would piss me off as well, the fueling at lower revs is a notorious Ducati flaw and has been for years. Some people put up with that, but some people won't as they don't buy this whole 'character' thing.

But how many really buy a 1199 to do such work? They don't really do they and if they did I'm pretty sure they'd not complain because if they were stupid enough to buy a panigale to commute on and expect it to play nicely then frankly they probably shouldn't have a license.

yes he's a grade a cock, but ultimately isn't it slightly more refreshing to hear things like this sometimes as MCN and the rest riding through Spain and on track at Jerez isn't where a large percentage of our bikes will ever end up.

i still like Ducatis, but I wouldn't buy a 1199 as a daily road bike either.

#12 damodici, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  13. ^ well said

14. It's called satire. Don't take him so seriously.:wink:

15. Wow I didn't realise that baron Von grumble. Had so many haters.

16. I'm disgusted with him that he could go out on a dirty ducati shame on him

I enjoyed that he loved it really but couldn't bring himself to say he would prefer it over the BMW

:)

17. I'm Going to be controversial now and risk being burned at the stake but tuff here goes: as a northerner myself, to me he came across as a typical southerner in some of his attitudes, but I quite enjoyed the film, he did make some valid points but 99% of us knew the answer before the film started. I'm going to go and hide in my bunker now!.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  18. No offence to the guy, but he just got on my nerves so I switched off.

19. I quite enjoyed it, strangely :eek:

He does strike me as a helmet though. Who would take a GSXR down a dirt track? He was also blase about the fact that his Panigale had fallen over and was damaged, where I'd be gutted if this happened. I think his money comes easy to him.

I've always wondered, when I see almost new bikes or scooters parked up, covered in dirt, rust, dents, scratches and scrapes, what kind of people treat something that they have paid a lot of money for like that. Now I know.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BARONVONERD:upyeah:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information