1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twat?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Richie Rich, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paniwheelie.jpg
    Here is a pic of one of the fun times I did have on this bike taken in the hills outside Verona. I rode it to Italy with a Multistrada GT and an Aston Martin Vanquish for a magazine called Lusso (check it out online).
    I have more videos coming up on this bike (and the Multi) around Europe but cant post them yet due to release conditions i have with Lusso. As in, they need to release their stuff before me. Which is fair.
    I hope you guys will be interested in this and i'll be sure to post here when the vids are ready. Well worth a watch - also managed to blag a go in a Lamborghini Aventador which was bloody terrifying!

As i said before, no hard feelings if people dont gell with me or the videos, but i hope you guys can contribute in the future and ultimately, make the content better.

Looking for an 899 to have a go on as by most accounts, its a cracker.

thanks

BvG

paniwheelie.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. I wouldnt want to ride any sports bike through the streets of London.. So I guess that every sports bike would be shit withs its far to much bhp and all your fancy electronic bells and whistles I'd rather ride a C90.
    Ducati's are a fucking hand full and hateful to ride in traffic, having experince of a S1000RR Id expect it to be far more user friendly as you comute up the Mall to see Marm.

3. I may even tune in. Believe it or not I used to be a subscriber to your youtube channel.

4. Matt, well done for letting this thread run, it's good you did despite it getting a little lost in the weeds.

BvG, I have nothing against you personally, you're brave to do what you do and set yourself up for a right good kicking at the hands of Ducati owners. However, you've missed the point of owing a Ducati. I could probably ride a Fireblade or a BMW R1000RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR or whatever it's called faster than any of my Ducati bikes. Largely because they are desperately easy to ride. They are also desperately dull and don't connect on a deeper, more spiritual level, they way my Ducati's do.

Ducati produce bikes that connect with the rider in a way which other bikes cannot do. They sound, the looks, the finish, the history and the sheer pride of ownership far outweigh any of the negatives, that's why we own them. Yes, I could probably lap Yas Marina 2/10th's of a second quicker on Bavaria's finest but would it pass the petrol station test ? If you don't know what that is the next time you're at a petrol station and you see a Ducati owner, just watch to see if he glances back at his pride and joy as he goes to pay for the fuel he's just bought. Do you do that on your Beemer ? I can sit for hours just looking at my bikes, did I do that when I owned R1's, Fireblades and Gixxer Thou's ? Er, no.

Ducati bikes have their flaws, they are more difficult and more physical to ride but much more rewarding when you're out with your mates and you string together a few good corners.

I owned an Aprilia RSV4 Factory that was actually a better bike than any of my Ducati's but I sold it because every time I rode it I wished I was on a Ducati. That's why I drive an Alfa Romeo 159 V6. It has it's faults but it beats the hell out of spending pointless hours in a boring BMW 5 Series.

• Like Like x 5
  5. hiya, i have NOTHING against Ducati's - what i do have problems with is this particular Ducati model. If you watch the full video, you will hear me say exactly what you are saying above about excitement, a sense of presence and desirability which is unrivalled with other brands. For me as i ride throughout the year, i am always looking out for bikes which hit as many 'ticks in the box' as possible and that was the reason i wanted to test the Pani and why I own a Bimmer. I do actually stare at the Bavarian brute and you'd be surprised how many people comment on it and like it - but as you say and i agree with, Ducati's have a 'wow' factor about the name. I guess thats because the general consensus among non-bikers is that Ducati are the best - however if they continue to make bikes like the 1199 then that could change.

I've got to ask - do you own a 1199? Not in a confrontational way of course, im just curious.

If im entering Ducati ownership - it would be 100% with a 1098 R.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi mate :) I don't post so much on here now but glad you have made some new friends! PMSL! :D

I should take more time out to watch your videos as I find them funny, but I have a sick sense of humor! ;)

I think your a great chap in person, was glad to meet you all that time ago and I take great pride working on your bikes :)

Your a funny guy in real life and personally I can't see how anyone could "hate" you or your videos...but takes all types to make a world.

Just don't film me....haha

Always good to talk to you :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. I own an 1199 Panigale Tricolore, a 1098R Bayliss and 1198S Corse LE and I have a Superleggera on order. The Panigale is a great bike, it doesn't have the mid-range stomp the 1098R has but it is an easier bike to ride. Set the suspension up properly and it's an amazing machine. If it was winning on the track I think there would be more positive views towards it. It's still a Ducati, just a newer generation.

My problem with your review (and I didn't watch it all as I have to admit I did get bored after 5 minutes) is the context in which you reviewed it. The bike was designed to do one thing with just a nod and a wink to the practicalities of riding on the road. You might as well have reviewed a pineapple as a tool to sweep your back yard. That's why I find it strange you mention a 1098R because that's a complete animal and the Pani makes a much better daily rider/commuting bike.

I don't share your view regarding the aesthetics of the Beemer, it induces vomit every time I look at it. Then again, so did the sofa my grandparents had when I was a child but taste is a very personal thing.

8. Well i don't think its really fair to comment on the review then really?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Maybe the fact he got bored after 5 minutes is his critique...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well clearly not as he immediately states that it was the context it was reviewed in. And the sweeping pineapples are an odd retort as the review after all was riding a mass produced road bike... on the road...

11. Thanks Art :)

12. Perhaps some of the problem here is the context the word 'twat' is used. For myself I stand behind the argument that 'Ducati's' are difficult bikes to ride and own. But, as has been pointed out much more eloquently than I can convey, they do induce a sense of pride and ownership is rewarding in itself.

This is a partisan crowd. Always was, always will be.

If you don't understand the 'Ducati' thing, regardless of how good it is in any given situation, then, as I've said before, you're a twat.

Not a twat in the sense I want to have a word with you etc, just that we love our bikes regardless of whether they're the best in any given situation.

This is not snobbery, I'm poorer than a church mouse but if you hate my bike (Ducati) you're a twat because you don't understand the sense of pride and the sheer joy of ownership.

To put a little spin on it, it'd be a little like slating a K5 etc saying it's shit, but I know really it's not. Do I want one tho, no, not really.

So I apologise for calling BVG a twat. But I don't own a Pani, call my 748 shit tho, and you are a twat. :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  13. @AndyD, is that your bike in your Avitar?

14. this is my favourite post, and said to my favourite person!!

15. gizza job
    x

16. gizza bike.

you don't need all those.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Here's a solution - why don't BVG, AndyD and Rixxyduc go off and form their own little narcissistic, self-congratulatory forum? Then they could leave this one to people who already know that Ducatis are not perfect, but like them anyway. That way we could get back to some sensible conversation...

• Like Like x 4
  18. Oh this post really does take the prize. So what you are saying is that because people don't agree with you on this forum they should leave. Wow, do you even understand the concept of what a forum of debate is? I think this forum would be better if YOU left, but i would never say such a thing, as its a ridiculous thing to say.

And this narcissism card keeps getting played, but do you even understand what it means? Or is it just the biggest word you know?

To twist this around, one could argue that in fact there is nothing more narcissistic than owing a Ducati - simply because its a Ducati. To gain self gratification or egotistic admiration from ones own attributes.

And as for sensible conversation, you and your friends have been anything but - this whole thread has been designed to make you feel better about yourselves. Simply because someone out there does not share your point of view (even though im yet to actually find a solid disagreement to the 1199 issues i highlighted). You didn't expect anything to come of it but self gratification and egotistic admiration.. ring any bells there..?

But no need to worry as this will be the last post i make in person here as i've tried to respond to points of the video which were in question in a reasonable and positive way, however it is clear, you cannot accept anything but yourself.

My apologies to anyone else on this forum who feels i may have overstepped the mark, but just ask yourself what you would do as a reasonable human being if you were the focus of this outright, aggressive thread.

Regards,

BvG

#238 BaronVonGrumble, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 6
  19. Well said BvG there are some proper tw*Ts on here!!

20. Well said Baron.

The funny thing is that if you look at this thread and see how pathetic it really is. I mean take a step back. To me it is like the wars in the Middle East, the Muslim suicide bombers that blow up other Muslims, The Shi'i and the Sunnie Muslims. Both follow Islam, both are Muslim. Yet they still love Allah, replace Allah with powered 2 wheel, you are not a follower like me therefore you are worthless, an infidel! Therefore you must die and I shall call you a "Twat".

Same goes for Man City and Man United, etc etc. Not as elegantly put as previous posts, but I do feel a little shame that I bought into a brand with the such bigoted arseholes, makes me not want to bother talking to a fellow Ducati rider next to me at the lights.

#240 Phantomfighter, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information