1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twat?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Richie Rich, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hope you don't leave Baron.

You've only just got here. And as I said before, this thread is not really indicative (I hope…) of the general atmosphere on the forum. It is particularly poisonous.

There is a degree of narcissism for anyone who posts on a forum, myself included, because you hope to be read and you (maybe mistakenly…er..) think you have something interesting to say.

Facebook is narcissistic. Blogs are narcissistic. The whole social media thing is narcissistic. Anyone who writes a book is narcissistic. It's a bit of a non-starter as a debate.
    I admire anyone who creates anything. Better than just sitting around and consuming the creation of others.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Also odd the fact that the June post didn't end up like this - maybe people are just bored and Matt's merging isn't up to what it should be :rolleyes:

3. What the fuck is going on here? Did I not make my feeling clear on this topic in my previous post. For what of a better term, this is merging on bullying. That is utterly, utterly unacceptable. I will not take sides, but this stops now.

You like BVG, great. You dislike BVG, also great. Stop trying to have the last fucking word about it. Even if he wasn't a member and just a visitor he deserves as much respect and you or I. He has an opinion. So do you, so do I. Big deal.

I will not call people out on here as that is unfair, unprofessional and frankly childish. However, if people persist in this manner, I will have to contact them directly. I don't plan on closing the thread as all that will happen is another will pop up and another and another and then I'll get accused of censorship and then all the 'fun police' jokes will start coming my way.

People, this is pretty much a free forum, looked after by very few. You come here of your own free will and you were drawn here for your love of one thing. Motorbikes. Not Ducatis, but motorbikes! Its all very easy to call somebody names from behind a screen. Its ain't big and it certainly isn't clever.

Do Ducati make the greatest bikes in the world? IMO, maybe. All I know is I love both of mine, just as much as I loved by Hornet, my Z1000 and my ZX7R. Does owning A Ducati make me better, superior even, to the rider on the GS, or the Honda Cub, or the Fireblade. Does it bollocks. What next? Men are better than woman. Black is better than white. Strawberry is better than Banana. Give me a fucking break will ya!

Its times like these that we show not only ourselves, but others what kind of people we are. Take the opportunity to be tolerant of others, their character and their opinions. We can either accept them or disagree with them. Neither is wrong and neither is right, but what we need to be able to do is to accept them. Calling somebody a twatter, ain't helping anybody.

Finally and I'm asking nicely. Everybody and I do mean everybody, can we please draw a line under this whole torrid thread.
    Thanks
    Matt

• Like Like x 8
  4. I think the name calling bit left me a bit cold. I wasnt a fan of BvG vids. Just not my cup of tea. I dont think its fair though to call him a twat or a bell end based upon his vids. Its okay to call each other that in fun but there was a vehemence about some of it that I think on reflection is a bit unfair. Fair play to BvG for confronting it too and from what Ive read he pretty much out debated the lot of us. He has my respect but I still dont like the vid. No offence BvG.

There is little point basing a view on someone via utube or forums. Better to make that judgement face to face. Theres very little point executing someone before youve been introduced.

Bullying yes. Ive seen it here. There are other threads too. Ive seen it on just about every public forum. Bad mouthing someone without any form of rational or reasoned debate.

However, if one places oneself in the line of fire one must expect to be shot at.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I bet Richie Rich wished his/this thread was paid per click/read like the Barons YouTube channel.

6. I think its a tragic shame the way the thread has gone, it spoils my ideal that bikers stand up for bikers. The name calling etc does let down the forum as does the bad language, IF you google keywords and they lead you to these pages this becomes the face image of the forum, AND the members posts that contain certain words it also shows that as face value too! Not an image I want associated with my internet username!

I can not believe that a simple light minded fun video review based on one persons personal thoughts of a bike can stir up such a hornets nest.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Love him or hate him some of his stats read quite well:- 50,677 subscribers 3,073,229 views (Half the number of people who were at the last round of MGP!)

#247 arthurbikemad, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I actually think BvG is getting what he wants, us talking about him ! As far as I'm concerned this thread is now threadbare, it's going round and round in circles and for me, it stops here.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'm not consuming that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The saddest part is that BVG feels he can no longer post and expect a reasonable response. When anyone who is not rude or abusive feels that way the forum is a poorer place for it.

The Pani is a road bike and the test was on the road and someone might want to commute it. But then 90% of the population would not expect a Ducati to be at home in traffic. To be honest i don't think that is a Ducati failing but much more of a big sports twin trait. My Aprilia RSV hated traffic and many sports twins do. An IL4 has and likely always will be a smoother motor for obvious mechanical reasons, so in that respect the test is somewhat out of context and a comparison of different engine configs more than brand. The Ducati could have been an RSV or RC8 and the outcome likely similar.

But the point of his test is the Pani as a commuter and it appears to not be commuter friendly so in that respect i would say having not ridden one but knowing my own Ducati or twins i have owned, he is probably right. The character traits are verified by other owners.

As i said before BVG is an entertaining chap and his review is like any other just a personal opinion. I don't have to agree with him(although as a Pani commuter test i would) to be entertained and give him the time of day. I don't do brand loyalty and don't really understand it at all, it either fits the bill or it doesn't regardless. Maybe that is why i'm missing the point of some of this. Dunno

• Like Like x 2
  11. i dont think the fall out had anything to do with BVG, more a personality clash with forum members.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I do like though, that BVG called Rimpy, Funkyrimpiece , I think Rimpy will have chuckled at that one . :eek:

13. I stopped taking this thread seriously about ten pages ago. I particularly like the way someone who's steadfastly sticking to their point of view comes on and berates other people for steadfastly sticking to their points of view. I'll sign out here, cos my points of view were never addressed...

• Like Like x 1
  14. :upyeah:

Same here.I think I should have stuck to my 'Dymag recall' thread and left it at that and not bothered.Lets face it talking to bikers of all makes face to face at local bike meets is much nicer and more polite than forums and you don't get any insults as the safety of the net is not there.

#254 matt#corse, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  15. I have removed a few posts from this thread in an attempt to keep things calm. Please stop antagonising each other. You have all said your piece so can we just leave it now please.
    Thanks

16. I have now removed a few of the latest posts from this thread in an attempt to keep things calm. Please stop antagonising each other. You have all said your piece so can we just leave it now please.
    Thanks

17. We heard you the first time :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  18. I know its not really relevant to this thread anymore :biggrin: but my opinion is that that bloke didn’t hurt anyone, he didn’t hurt himself, he damaged his bikes a little bit, but they are his property and he’s free to do what he likes with them I suppose, If he had fun then fair do’s.

I remember going, racing around corn fields in the dark on my Kwak 250, me and my buddy had the idea of going rabbiting on our bikes, the fields were stubble having been harvested, it wasn’t vandalism, it wasn’t trespass, we didn’t hurt anyone nor ourselves. We was kids at the time and often helped out on the farm just for the fun of it, the farmer didn’t mind our rabbiting stunt at all and even chuckled at our juvenile idea, no rabbits were caught of course :tongue:

19. Just watched the video, had to turn it off in the end. Too many references to children, and he rides like a twat. No wonder bikers get a bad name and have accidents, normally caused by bikers riding like a twat.

#259 iNDITIME, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Matt, please could you just close this thread and remove it from the forum, its become an embarrassment.

As a general rule I don’t like censorship but I think this is a good case for an exception

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information