1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Twelve Month Service Tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bobmg, Aug 15, 2019.

1. I agree, you also get the software updates when having the bike serviced, I would also imagine as a good customer, better PX values when purchasing a new bike!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. My local dealer reduces the labour rate during the winter to about £60 per hour plus vat, Services have been about £240 £270 which have basically oil changes and a check over. It's all down to peace of mind while under warranty after that it's down to your skill level and depth of pockets £700 -£900 for the Desmo service bought cheaper bikes than that.

3. Question.... is the service due 12 months from new or 12 months from running in service? (Il call in the morning to book enquire)

4. the latter

5. Mine was 12 months from having the 600 mile service, it is also set into the bikes onboard computer as well, close to requiring the 12 month service, its indicated on the dash, when turning the ignition on, telling you how many days you have left up until the required service date, once past that point it stays on the dash in red, saying that your bike requires servicing.

6. I would agree that a good dealer service history can help with warranty claims, or claims just out of warranty (new cylinder heads in my case)

7. I’ve had an email from Ducati:-

3C458286-756D-4047-9AD9-BE22C434B7A1.png

So, even though my 2019 bike had it’s 9K at the end of August and is now showing 13K miles; it needs a service ‘cos its 12 months old come March 1st?

8. Yes or you can risk depreciating the value by ignoring paying the £200(quick oil change & filter with digital updates)? I'd keep the book stamped up to the hilt but that's me.

9. My understanding has always been, apart from the 600 mile service, servicing is carried out on mileage OR time. As you had the 9000 mile service in August, your next service is not due for 12 months from that date OR you do another 9000 miles before next August. IMO, the email from Ducati makes no sense. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I agree, it's 12 months or 9,000 miles, I had the same with mine after an 'early' Desmo service. The dealer just reset the service light for me FOC

11. I had the same Mail, mines booked in for 26 March, because that's 12 months from when the last service was done. If you look at the menu on the bike it will tell you when the service is due.

12. One or another. If you reach 1 year before the 9,000 miles or the first 9,000 miles before 1 year and do the service in a dealer getting their fancy stamp, they should reset the service light for you for free before the next service is due.

13. Thanks for your replies.
    I suppose I ought to ask Nelly if it needs doing or not? For ‘twas he that did the 9K service and I’ve no doubt he’ll be doing the 18K, so I’m pretty sure he’ll be able to tell me if it needs one in between.
    Is there a way of drawing his attention to this thread?
    @nelly

14. But do you think when the time comes it will sell ?

15. £205 picked up and delivered back to my house.

Expensive oil, but I guess it goes with the territory.

16. Service schedule is 12 months or 9000 miles from the last service.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information