1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twin To V4 ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by garyhoos1, Nov 7, 2020.

1. I made the same transition and super happy if that helps. Pros and cons to both but in the real world the V4 is far more ergonomic, smoother and feels more refined. You do lose a bit character and a slight amount of grunt low down. I’ve not ridden the 2020 model but by all accounts they have seriously removed low end power in the first 3 gears:confused: just to make it easier to ride with a far smoother delivery. Set up is key! and also recalibrate your head. I’m glad I’ve got the full fat bonkers edition:D it’s proper MAD!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Im looking at the s the r is pricey but not out of reach but will be looking at a full akra fitted.Thanks for the info that is what I’m after a little more refinement

3. Don’t ignore the base model, nowt wrong with top of the range Showa suspension and it would seem many of the S riders turn the electronic adaptive suspension on the Ohlins off. Also saves a shed load of money. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Agree with all the above! I have the R and it rides just like any other bike I’ve ever ridden on the road! Apart from being mental fast! A bike is a bike is a bike! I can quite happily bimble around all day on it! Yes it comes alive on track but isn’t that true of all modern bikes!! As for age? Nothing to do with it if you’re physically able! I was taught this lesson in a most comprehensive way! At my favourite circuit(silverstone go) 2008 had just wrapped up a club championship, was on the bike virtually every week and was on a full fat superbike when a sit up touring bike thingy with top box and paniers came round the outside of me and fooked right off! I mean he was seriously gone! I caught up with him as he was putting his side stand down in his pit garage and he was at least mid seventies! Lovely chap and ridiculously fast! I chatted with him and shook his hand and locked myself in the toilet and cried!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
  5. I will be 70 next month and I will get the first V4 in The Netherlands. Coming from a K1600GT 6 cilinder

• Like Like x 6
  6. I had a V4s and changed to a Pani R. Horses for courses.

7. I take it that you traded the wife in :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. The lady I share my life with owns an NC29 Gullarm (in the dining room), EB5B R6 (in the hall) and Scrambler Icon, Diavel and 2017 Supersport (in the garage). I only have the Panigale V4S (utility), 748R and 1098R (dining room) and a 1st generation 1200 Multistrada (garage). She does live in her house just down the road that doesn’t have a garage and is a lot smaller :D Andy

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Fair play to you and your good lady .

10. This is what you will get with an 1199. A 1299 will have a lot better mid range, and a V4 will have another 4000 revs (?) and another 20+ horsepower.
    Screenshot_20201217-194017_Messenger.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bud, I’m 62. Have a 1299 & aV4.
    Will continue riding these bikes into my dotage

• Like Like x 7
  12. Another 62'er here. I traded down from a V4S with full Akrapovic back to a 1299FE. The V4S was ballistic, easier to ride etc etc but the styling and feel were just a bit bloated for my taste. The V2's have bags more character; slower, more difficult to ride to be sure.

Both are great bikes though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Or, just better. :blush:

14. I’m definitely more interested in the eagerly awaited V2 with some more fancy components.... surely it’s got to be coming? Would love to see a real special R version:eek:.... please

15. Can’t see the V2 being raced in the WSSP arena so no requirement to homologate a bike for racing. Any higher cost associated with a bike like you describe would certainly take it out of the pocket of the Tri-Options guys and would Ducati consider a V2 Superlegerra with Euro emissions regulations making it more and more difficult to get a performance V2 to comply ? Never say never but IMO, you’ve got a long wait. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wishful thinking on my part Andy..... I’m sure they can raid the parts bin though for some Ohlins suspension, upgraded Brembo brakes and some lightweight wheels.... and perhaps a swanky paint scheme ;) let’s face it they did half the job on the 959 Corse with the Ohlins and Akropovic shotgun exhaust?.... front wheel is the same for all the Pani models so they just need to come up with a 5.5” rear version....Job done:innocent:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information