1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two More Years Of The Doctor

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Cream_Revenge, Mar 15, 2018.

1. I concur, Hailwood or Surtees then, but you can put the accolade on one (or two) - clue is in the name
    GREATEST of ALL TIME
    and you still can't be it if you haven't won a TT

2. Dovi looking good on the first day of practice. The Yamahas not so much.

3. Why?? Many TT riders have been mediocre at short circuit, two completely different skill sets. I never understand when folk say to be great you must win a TT? So likewise then, Fangio, Senna, Hunt and Stewart etc, can't be considered greats cause they didn't win at touring cars or rallying ??
    PS, I'm not a Rossi fan boy either, just struggle to see the relevance

#23 Wayne58, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. I have immense respect for anyone who races, but the TT riders are proper hardcore, real mans racing, no run off, heart in your mouth just watching it, flat out, hard as nails type racing.
    That's why

5. have you ridden the iom circuit? Not trying to be rude at all. I went there
    in 09. Not racing .
    I thought I would get a better insight as to how they can do those speeds around there but it just confused me more. It's mental!!! But in my opinion, the motogp is top dog...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sorry Mark, it don't matter how hard they are, it's a completely different race craft. By your rational, if your a hard GP rider then you can be the GOAT ?? :thinkingface:
    Folk are saying Rossi is the greatest GP rider of all time, so where's the TT even come into it ?

7. I can appreciate where he's coming from...we go every year and every year even before you see the first bike of the first race (but hear it) I even still say to myself, in my head when they go past "fuck me....how do they do it"?

8. This is a brilliant clip. The guy is out testing his RSV4 in cold damp conditions, and then who comes flying past on an R6.....

#28 Jimmy899, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • WTF WTF x 1
  9. not a fan and agree with you, But boy can he ride a motorcycle fast:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm surprised he didn't mention Mike Hailwood. He's still the greatest in my opinion. I watched him in the Post TT race in 1978 taming a belligerent Ducati and smoking Phil Read on his works Honda.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information