1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two stoke oil in your diesel tank...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by 470four, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Been sticking a pint of petrol in each tank of diesel for ages to raise the cetane levels ... works great and keeps the injectors clean. As far as adding two stroke oil for lubrication - sunflower oil is much cheaper and burns almost as well as mineral diesel in older diesel engines (or so I've heard :wink: ).

Mind you, with prices of sunflower oil now being just less than pump diesel, despite farmers being paid to plough crops into the ground instead of processing it (what a shock) methinks certain corporate giants have already got this source of cheap fuel choked off.......

2. Used to run my Isuzu on 100% vegetable oil with no problems. Used to smell like a chippy, and no duty problems as it was for personal use.

3. Petrol has an octane rating, diesel has a cetane rating? Im thinking petrol in your diesel will further encourage rapid pump wear, this is what knackers your engine when you put petrol in a diesel by mistake?

Not convinced...

4. I'm not advocating a 50/50 mix here (1 pint per tank in mine is about 2%), and it's main job is to act as a cleaner to strip any gunk off the injectors/fuel system .... the fact it helps the diesel burn hotter (and so cleaner) is a bonus ....... and so far I've done 129k miles in this car without any adverse effects, including blending in various veg oils and any old engine oil from services, although it does have a mechanical pump and cable controlled throttle ..... Remember these things were initially conceived to get rid of coal dust and nut oil surplus!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information