1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Typical Age Of A Panigale Rider

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by DiBianchi, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Im 47,still play football, have 2, 10yr old boys to run after, but after a day on the 1299 I feel 57!!!!!! lol
    Nowt a Radox bath won't sort...

2. IMG_0450.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  3. Do you remember when disc brakes didn't work when it rained and you could buy all sorts of attachments to scrape the water off as well as drilling the discs. Fear on motorways when traffic ground to a halt.

Helmet visors that would scratch so quickly they'd last about a week.

Derriboots

• Like Like x 1
  4. Centurion 2000 lids, Belstaff wax coats, huge gauntlet gloves and 13.02 litres in my FS1E for a fiver.....Awesome !! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. actually im 43, i feel bad about lying...... o_O

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Don't worry, my first bike was a cagiva planet and the second was a kymco zing, so I can tick all the mechanical problem boxes(the rc8r loved to wiggle the oil overspill hose loose too, I would turn up at the local café and people would ask why my bike was smoking.^_^

7. Well, some great replies ! I have to say that the Panigale isn't that uncomfortable, even for an allegedly "old git" like me. It's an intelligent bike in that it does a lot of thinking for the rider, so that helps.

My bigger point is that I sense a new wave of creeping "ageism" in the motorcycle world. All that "oh, you're too old" stuff. But people who've been continuously riding for years and who haven't lost their nerve seem to manage OK .... at least I think. And it's supposed to good for keeping the old grey matter in tune.

Thanks for all the responses.... some really great comments there.

My advice is ...whatever age you are now..... just keep riding until you just can't do it any more. When you give up, it's the beginning of the end. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ah happy days!
    Have you still got your belstaff black prince rubber suit?

9. I read somewhere that a 175cc BSA Bantam vibrates at exactly the right frequency to keep men healthy, who needs a gym membership!

10. Just turned 51 riding 23 years. ZZR 600, 2 x ZX9r, Hayabusa, ZX10r Tom Sykes rep, S1000rr Tyco rep, now have got a ZZR1400 and the 1299s

4000+ miles on the 1299s since bought new in November, of which 3000 was in July in 10 days, only uncomfortable thing about the bike was in the 37 deg heat while riding from Digne to Cannes to Monaco and back to Digne, other than that fairly comfortable.. Not the most reliable bike tho ......

11. Average age 5 year olds :D

Seriously not a day over 18 :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. 62 years old as well but no one knows your age with a helmet on :p. Still riding a 1098R on the road and an 1198SP on track, oh and 24000 fun miles on a Multistrada over the last 18 months, not planning on giving up any time soon!!

_DSC6661.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. A gentleman in India paid shy of £150,000/- for his superlaggera(india has a 100%+ customs fee on imported bikes and cars, plus some other local taxes) and he's definitely over 60... Track only.

It's the gentleman on the right.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Got myself a 1299s last year and converted her for trackdays, so far managed 4 days.I'm 47 years old and still feel the need for speed after 30 years of riding sports motorcycles.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You should think about trading it in for a mobility scooter.
    I've just done 3yrs on an 1199s @ 52yrs young

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. It's gotta be red... :p
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Needs a couple of decals mareschini for the rims and Ducati for the frame

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 35 and got my pani which I dont think I'll ever sell and just bought a new multistrada to which my mates now think I should retire as I've bought an old mans bike (they don't realise what a great bike it really is);)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 32yo, been riding since 2008, look 24 according to gent that asked for i.d the other day!

Married since 21yo, 3 kids, 14yo, 3yo & 2yo.

Road bike's since 2008 in this order:

Yamaha R6
    Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
    CBR 600
    Suzuki GSXR K8 1000
    Kawasaki Z800
    Ducati 899 Panigale ( current bike )

Love my Pani sooooo muccchhhh

20. I'm 35. Had the bike 2 yrs. Riding since I was 21. Will never grow up due to job and having bikes!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information