1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Typical Age Of A Panigale Rider

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by DiBianchi, Jul 31, 2017.

1. I had the Bellstaff wax trousers :)

I went out on a ride with some guy who had the multi boy that thing moves and corners like its on rails

#81 Cupid Stunt, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. 50. been riding since 16.

3. 50. been riding since 16.

4. My Panigale does 185, I lost my licence, now I dont drive.....

Aha! A young Joe Walsh fan - Life's Been Good to me so far

I'm 70, riding since 16 but with a big gap as my family grew up, and ride a Multi - sports bike hurt too much now...............

• Like Like x 2
  5. I am 52 in August, I have been riding for 35-years, just sold my 1199S and now have a 1299S also have a XDiavel S and Diavel Diesel, oh and an old 900RRW Fireblade :) they are all made as am I :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. 52 years old and have been riding since I was 16, fortunately only a couple of accidents and a short spell in hospital. When I get too old for sportsbikes will probably get a tourer of some kind. Started off with an FS-1E (DX), RD125, DT175, RD250LC, RD400, ZX-7R (what a porka that was!), 748SPS, 998S, 999S, S4RS, 1098S, 1199S and now on a 1299S. Occasionally have been tempted away from Dukes such as the BMW HP2 Sport and I quite like the new NineRT Racer plus the odd exotic like the Mondial Piega but I always end up gravitating to the next model along the Bologna production line. The V4 is on my radar but I never buy in the first year of production anyway, so we'll see how it stacks up and it's had a while for the factory to iron out the inevitable wrinkles every new model comes with.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wish I still had FS1E and my RD LC (started off as a 250 but ended up being a 350)

8. I'm 42 and been riding for 22yrs
    KTM350EXC
    GSXR600 K2
    Honda CBR1000RR
    1199 Panigale

• Like Like x 1
  9. Just turned 50 the other week, got my first bike at 12. Loving life, got the fancy v4 sp on the way and hopefully I will add the v4 SL when and if they make one. Very tempted to add a 1299SL in the mean time
    To me life is about family, friends and bikes, most of my friends are bike nuts anyway.
    The others are 1299, Tuono, BSA and a Diavel Carbon.
    Loving the site, great folks. Thanks for having me.
    Declan

• Like Like x 2
  10. 36 had my full licence since I was 21 but been messing around on bikes for as long as I can remember.

Got a 1299S over a year ago now and was my 1st Ducati. Also got a mint original 98 R1 in white/red and an ex trioptions 899 track bike. There’s a 2008 R1 in the garage in a million bits that used to be my track bike until October there but that’s being broken for spares.

11. Another 62 year old but I have calmed down and just got a little 959. Its not how old you feel its the age of the woman you are feeling. Wife is only 60 so anyone got a spare younger model

Regards Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. DiBianchi,Forget about NON motorcyclists!,Do your own thing and enjoy!

Hey DucatiDad,,a very nice collection of bikes!

#92 XH558, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 65 in a couple of months (fuc£ me :confused::astonished:!! ..it feels like I got to 30 ... blinked ... and now I'm getting my state pension !!!). Still riding my 1198s and a 1200GSA for longer trips/touring.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Here's one I can help with... our average customer age based on the questionnaires that people fill in after buying a bike is somewhere towards 50. That's not dissimilar to the figures I hear for the industry as a whole. Our Sportsbikes actually have a slightly younger average than our whole customer base but not by much.

In short, at 62 you are over the average but well within the range! And as far as being too old - I think the saying "if you can, and you want to and you enjoy it, do it!" would be quite good advice.

Tim

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nice one Tim. I totally agree with you.

I ride a Panigale and I'm 61. I have no intention of giving it up
    until they put me in a wooden overcoat.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Couldn't agree more... Look at El T!! He's bloody ancient and still manages to throw a leg over a Panigale! :p

I hope i'm still cocking a leg over the 1198 and Tricolore well in to retirement :D

17. IMAG4634.jpg 51 now. Like longer days out (300 milers) and Alps trips and find dropped bars a bit of a pain due to previous injuries...otherwise I would have a Pani as well!
    Anyway, flat bars are just easier to reach;

18. 56 and been riding since I can remember, 1299S is being swapped for aV4 in March and still doing track days scratching round on my ZX6R, too old my arse.....

19. Cheeky bastard. I'm not as old as three quarters of the feckers on here. I've just had a hard life :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Haha, I'm only envious that your considerably closer to retirement than me @El Toro... I'm not really one for wishing my life away but work is really overrated and just gets in the way of what I'd really like to be doing!!

P.S I'll hopefully be touching base with Tony again on Thursday so will let you know if there are any developments ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information