1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Choice 1100sp

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Turbo, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Hi guys. I'm after recommendation as for best all-round street tyres for my 1100sp. Presently it has a Diablo Super Corsa on rear and a Michelin up front! 99% of my riding is fair weather B-road scratching. Unlikely to hit a track anytime soon.
    Cheers, Matt

2. Is it your every dayer...if not then id go for supercorsa's...otherwise tyre choice is personal....i did have some pilot 2's on mine last year....cheap and grippy...

3. Aren't the Supercorsas more of a track tyre?

4. Yep - but theyve got tread and stick like nothing else.....ive not used anything better yet.

5. Cool. Where's the best place to get them? Cheers

6. Don’t get me wrong I love supercorsas (currently fitted) but they are not great in the cold weather (bordering lethal) and if it gets too wet you have to take it steady as they lack ability to expel water. Suits me fine but...

7. I’m not a fan of Supercorsas. I ditched them in favor of Michelin power RS’s. They are sticky dual compound and warm up fast.
    Horses for courses
    Run them on my Hypermotard and my Aprilia RRV

8. Without wishing to hijack (as this may interest the op too) I could do with tyre recommendations too for my 796. I need something as sticky as possible, in real world road conditions, including wet winter roads. I do very little mileage sadly so don't care if they're shot within 1,000 miles!

I like my racetecs on my pani track bike. Are m7rrs the choice, or is there something dafter which might suit my particular needs?

9. Thanks. I'll read up on Power RS's as well.

10. Just read a bunch of reviews on the Power RS and they sound awesome. I've had issues with my Super Corsa rear sliding out on Cornish B roads due to lack of temperature, so the more road suited RS sounds like a great choice to suit my riding style. Cheers for the tips guys!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Power RS for me!

I found the SuperCorsas only work when they're hot and its dry! Not a fan on the road

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bridgestone S21r for me, a real world all year round tyre that will take any abuse on the road, not tried on track, though sure it would cope admirably.

13. I'm about to re tyre my hyper 939 with Michelin power rs. I'm hoping it's a good call.

No track riding, mostly sunny day back road blasting but cannot guarantee not riding in the wet as I do two trips to the island every year plus foreign trips.

I've had supercorsas on an 1198 a few years ago, fantastic dry weather grip but no use in anything other than dry warm roads. Worn out in no time at all.

14. My Hyper 939sp runs Power RS's
    I think they are phenomenal

15. Power RS's ordered today. Hopefully I'll be able to add some feedback in Spring when the weather turns ;)
    Fingers crossed

16. What pressures solo do you run on the rs?

17. TBH I hang my head in shame and say I’ve no idea. I had the tyres changed over and ran with whatever the technician at Ducati put in them :confused:

18. Keep us posted - may consider myself when I smoke the current supercorsas, which won’t take long...

19. The Power RS's turned up yesterday. They are a nice looking tyre! Two things struck me: 1. They seem very lightweight. 2. There's quite a lot of tread depth before hitting the wear marker. Much more than a Supercorsa.
    I'm going to weigh the tyres on an accurate digital scale today. I'll report back with the weights (if anyone is interested) and again when the old tyres come off. I'm on a quest for shedding weight off the old girl ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information