1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Life - Multistrada

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by stooby, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Long time Mutley fan. +50K miles across many bikes (MTS1200S and I'm on my second & third PP).
    PR3 & then PR4's.....Didn't like the originals.
    Not been out much lately.

Mostly one up riding, so 135Kg clobbered up load.
    I love A-roads and twisties, so I head out from Heathrow typically South to the Shires or up towards Oxford. Minimal straight line stuff, however being a big twin it always rips the shit out of the middle.
    It's a +150Bhp bike and I do like to spend time near this.

Typically change the fronts with the backs, 2100 to 3000 miles before I want to change the rear, not at the legal limits as I NEVER push this.
    Until someone demonstrates otherwise I'm going to assume this is one of the most critical components for safer riding.
    Always check the tyre pressures before setting off. If you are too lazy (I am) then fit a tyre pal or similar £100 ish.....and getting cheaper. I've got these in every vehicle I own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Well, now on 8300 on the rear and its getting replaced with another D fit GT2 tomorrow, the front still has a couple of thousand in it but i have a trip to Wales in a few weeks so i need a new rear as it was spinning up in standing water the other day and is on the barely legal limit ............... that is a record for me in any rear tyre on any modern bike as most last 2500-5000 maximum with the bigger block Tourance on the GS1150 lasting 6500

To say i am impressed with the tyre is an understatement, warms up quick, worn to the edges and managed 1000 miles a month commuting with a bit of twisty each way between 20 miles each way dual and only really starting white line tracking from 5000 miles on when i would normally be happy a tyre still had tread on it :)

#42 Bigyin, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information