1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Life

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Andy800, Jul 26, 2018.

1. @simmytt how many TD's on that now?
    MY supercorsa went from ok to fucked PDQ at silvertone, was a hot day.
    IMG_0259.JPG

#21 Nelson, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Only 3, lhs is almost like new, rhs pretty worn but still OK in my opinion , these tyres at Silverstone were fantastic and confidence inspiring, but yesterday at Donington when pushed seemed very flighty , it was 34 degrees air temp and tyre pressure was checked after ever session and remained constant at 22psi the recommended hot temp off the Michlin web site, I think I will put it down to track temp as a lot of red flags all day .

3. You could spin the rear tyre. So you use the lhs up

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cadwell was real hot also. Lots of red flags in the higher groups. Felt the back end twitch while gassing it on the long right hander before entering in to goose neck, straight down the center of the track is a join in the tarmac, felt I slipped on that

5. Chris curve

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 10.15.25.png

• Like Like x 1
  6. Let's put it down to track temp, after all stupid high air temps for the uk and probably entering in to the unknown for uk track temps , certainly was for me, boil in the bag springs to mind, my socks were white with sweat salt, could have been the weight transfer from the 6 litres of water I took on sloshing around lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Yeah I think you are right. As @bradders said, late in the day and pushing harder than in the earlier sessions. :upyeah:

8. I only walked around a fairly hilly golf course Wed night and was sweating like a rapist in a courtroom by hole two and blowing thru my arse by 6

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I'm trying some Conti Race Attacks now. Hopefully last a bit longerer...:motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 1
  10. I need some new rubber for the Aussie trip and will be trying those. I need 3 good days out of them, I won’t be taking another set

11. Been offered some Bridgestone R10’s for a good price, might give them a go

12. When the above tyre destroyed its self all the tyre guy had in my size was a Conti Attack (E).
    Seemed ok at my level.
    Track5.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. I was there yesterday running VO2's. I had good grip all day but did have to drop the pressure in the rear tyre once the track got really hot late morning.

• Like Like x 1
  14. For me it's either the shape from wear or number of heat cycles taking into consideration what type of tyre they are. I would never consider using track biased tyres that had done a couple of trackdays without warmers on a third trackday as they have already done enough heat cycles to lose a load of grip even if the physical wear is not high. If they are road tyres then it's not such a big deal, or if the bike is low power probably also not a big deal since modern tyres would have an excess of grip for the power anyhow.

• Like Like x 1
  15. V02
    My new tyre for me i was so against slicks thought they for the quick guys lol
    But after using them GREAT tyre.
    I expect there are loads of tyres out there which are great
    But i can push so hard on them now and have lowered my Track Times by a bit

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aren't V02's a bit limited in sizes?

17. They are but people are using them on 5.5 and 6 inch rims. The grip is as good as the Dunlop's but they wear better and are a lot cheaper.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. They are OK for 899, there is a thread on it, think @comesunt uses them on his?

19. No mate, only used SuperCorsas on 959. They don't last long. I only run mid inters and did't get more than two days at Cartagena before they were fooked [SC1 front & SC 2 rear. Front is ok, rear shagged].

If I was going to Aus I'd have a spare set waiting for me out there. Not worth scrimping on a trackday of a life time [?]

• Like Like x 1
  20. I’ve been using Conti Race Attacks. Endurance rear and Medium front.
    Got 4 days out of them although 2 days were right handers (Croft and Cadwell) and the other 2 were lefts (Knockhill reverse). Reckon I’ve got a day or two left in them. I’m trying not to hang about but I’m probably only middle/upper Inters pace.
    Posted this pic on the trackday thread but no issues with grip.

7CFC83B4-A155-46A7-B670-0E7D28CAE277.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information