1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Life

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Andy800, Jul 26, 2018.

1. You have to fit new before you go. It’s a customs thing, apparently. And I’m in take it easy mode, have been for years now, so one set will do. Worst case, buy locally

• Like Like x 1
  2. Any advise on pressures?

3. Hot pressures. 30psi front, 24psi rear.

Seem to be wearing nicely but I’m no tyre expert.

B2B59175-ABA6-4CF1-9278-41309AEAC498.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Could you post the link to the pressures please?

5. image.jpeg After having a good look at the tyre today it appears that the suspension is in the ball park with the tyre wear looking like the sand on the beach after the tide has gone out, do not know the tech term for this but the internet says it's a good thing. The actual tyre seems deformed with a flat spot appearing on the right hand shoulder, so I think that when I was pushing onto the edge of the tyre it was reducing the contact patch and causing loss of traction, not sure if the pic shows this up but the lhs is fine and the rhs is deformed, don't think this is normal
    https://www.fwr.co.uk/product/michelin-power-superport-evo

6. That looks normal wear for a tyre at Donington. I get exactly the same flat spot and always have whichever make of tyre I've used.
    You are driving hard on that part of the tyre out of all the right handers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Looks good to me @simmytt . The flat spot is likely where you pick the bike up and get hard of gas.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Thanks guys, two people with the same opinion :upyeah:,i will shut up and forget about it now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Think I'm going to change my tyres before my next outing been on my bike 2 years and done about 8 track days :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information