1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Tyre Pressures

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tater, May 22, 2018.

1. 2.5 bar equals 36 psi.

2. Think you may have transposed a 2 for a 3 ;)

3. It does, that was a typo as I have had a crafty half in the pub.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’ve run the Scorpion 2s at 36/36 and 36/42 on my 17 DVT (standard).

In wet cold weather the 36/36 gave better confidence.

For summer use I’ve gone to 38/42 and found it a little sharper.

Wouldn’t want to suggest a track setting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just a half??:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

6. Well I ended with with a half to go with the three full ones. Cycled home and didn’t need the lights on.

Curry then a bit of lemon drizzle cake, sorted.

7. Cheers y'all, sounds like its the B wing of Dartmoor theory, suck it and see.

8. Just had pilot road 5,s fitted today & wow what a difference on turn in. Steady away though. Dealer says 36f & 42r. The fitter says 36f & 38r. Gone with later for now & will try increase r slightly to see if any difference. 1200s DVT. The dealer did say if you don,t follow the manufacturers recs then they will not wear correct & that is 36f-42r. 1st set since new at 4200miles.

9. A Michelin rep told to use 34F and 38R on PR4's for solo rider.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I had a look on the Metzeler website for the recommended pressures but couldn't find them. Has anybody else found this page?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Not Found
    The requested URL /minisite/metzeler-motorcycle-tyre-guide-2017/files/assets/common/downloads/Metzeler_flipping.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

May be a regional thing. I cant get any of the docs 2015/6/7.

12. Try this one: https://www.metzeler.com/site/com/m...ZELER_TDB_2018/original/METZELER_TDB_2018.pdf
    Interestingly, the pressure for the rear Roadtec 01 on a Multi 1200s seems to have been changed from 2.9 bar to 2.7 (so both front and rear now 2.7 bar)

If this doesn't work, try searching for Metzeler Technical Data Book 2018

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information