1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Side Wall Detailing

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Bicster1299, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Ok so I will hold my hands up to using products designed for car tyre side walls to prevent cracking/improve appearance. I was wondering if anyone else does this? (massive innuendos incoming, but not intentional) I use a good quality tyre shine, which I also use on my car (not mentioning products, and im sorry for my over use of brackets) I put a little bit onto a microfibre cloth, and using my index and middle finger run it around the side wall and into the gap where the bead is making sure NOT to get any onto the tread part of the tyre, just the side walls. Leave it a while to soak in and then polish with a clean microfibre to a nice shine. I was wondering if anyone else does this? Im a bit of a cleaning addict and have found that clean sidewalls make it just that little bit more special. Thoughts?

2. Haha I do the same. A shiny side wall does properly finish a clean bike off for me! I use some meguiars tyre shine that I use on the cars too, but I use a sponge/foam and dab and rub it around until shiny.
    My application technique isn't perfect though and I do get some overlap onto the tyres edges! It does make the first few laps on track a bit hairier but it soon clears up!

Just done cleaned mine yesterday, though I'm not sure the shiny tyres can be seen to their full effect in the photo:
    20210421_042609.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Handsome bike that matey. And nice work with the background bin action :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. I can honestly say I’ve never heard of such practice let alone considered applying it.

Each to their own.

5. It's very big with car detailing. Bikes not so much... but still works I guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Thanks mate! Haha only noticed the bins when i came to upload the pic!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Thought this was about outlining tyrewall writing

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gummi pflege
    Best rubber reviver/ finisher in the world, ever!

9. Was it? Oh.... :D

10. Why would you polish your tyre walls :thinkingface:

I'm all for nice clean shiney bikes, but the tyres?.....surely not?

11. Its a bit of you this....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Wow that looks really cool. I must set time aside to get right on it :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I have literally been sick in my mouth!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. The last thing I want to be thinking about as I peel into a corner is “hope I didn’t get any of that greasy tyre shine gloop onto the tread”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yes, nicely understated (the bin).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hopefully not!
    I'm sure it's about tyre dressing, not polishing.
    Like so:
    maxresdefault.jpg 5e9d60c445080f5ccafc7866c1c7b2d6.jpg

I hate the worry if I do ever get a bit on the treaded part, but I hate brown looking tyres also! Hhmmm....shiny! :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. In my old repping days, we carried mr sheen and a cloth, and if the car looked a bit grubby 'clean the wheels and tyres' as it made it instantly look far better than cleaning the car and leaving grubby wheels. Love a shiny tyre :upyeah:

#17 bradders, Apr 21, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MC Bradders?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. In da hood wiv Bradders innit, blud?

20. In da hood selling insurance shit :p

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information